The Student Room Group

Failed my 1st test today, one silly mistake!

Gutted I failed my first test today, on one silly mistake- I was at a set of lights went to go didn’t realise I put it in to 3rd rather than 1st (which I’ve never done before) so I had no idea what was wrong with the car until I stalled twice then realised. One point I thought there was something wrong with the car. Other than that I done perfectly so she said it was a shame, only 3 minors otherwise. Just need to remember next time if that ever happens check my gear first!
Original post by Zoefj30
Gutted I failed my first test today, on one silly mistake- I was at a set of lights went to go didn’t realise I put it in to 3rd rather than 1st (which I’ve never done before) so I had no idea what was wrong with the car until I stalled twice then realised. One point I thought there was something wrong with the car. Other than that I done perfectly so she said it was a shame, only 3 minors otherwise. Just need to remember next time if that ever happens check my gear first!

Similar situation here, took my first test about 2 weeks ago and failed, stopped on a hill at red lights as you're supposed to do and put handbrake on and car in neutral but as soon as I had done that, lights turned green so I rushed to find the biting point and stalled, big mistake rushing it. Then literally a few second later some guy ran out in front of me, although it wasn't really my fault, I should've been prepared to stop in case someone did run out behind a car etc. They were my two majors, apart from that got like 5 minors, examiner was a really nice person and I even heard him say to my instructor after "He's a cracking lad, good driver too, just a shame he stalled at those lights."

Anyways my next test is tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. I was going to say, I have never done it before, but for some reason twice recently I have gone from 2nd to 5th when I have meant to go 3rd and also today I didn't push the gear stick all the way into first, luckily I realized it as the lights were turning from red to amber so I had enough time to push the gear stick all the way in and then find the biting point. Just annoying mistakes like that can cause you to get a major!
Reply 2
At least you’ve made the gear mistake beforehand I had no clue what was wrong today when I did it. Now thinking about I have to laugh, I did think the car was broke, oops 😬 Good luck for tomorrow! 😌
Original post by Zoefj30
At least you’ve made the gear mistake beforehand I had no clue what was wrong today when I did it. Now thinking about I have to laugh, I did think the car was broke, oops 😬 Good luck for tomorrow! 😌

I PASSED!!! 4 minors aswell!
Reply 4
congrats! 😀
Original post by cbaforcba
I PASSED!!! 4 minors aswell!

Same amount as me, congrats!

@OP - remember to reach the biting point a little early before the lights go green, that'll tell you straight away if you're in the wrong gear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending