The Student Room Group

Am I too sensitive?

I did a 25 hour intensive recently, failed the test with 1 major and 6 minors but generally came away from the test feeling positive and that with a few more lessons I'd be ready to take and pass (this was in an automatic by the way but no judging please haha) anyway due to the fact I had to get a train to the lessons with that instructor and I was back at work so was swapping to a two hour lesson every weekend, I decided to change instructors and booked a 12 hour block of lessons leading up to my new test date. The new instructor seemed a nice guy but literally after the first lesson he said I thought you'd be test ready and you're nowhere near etc etc I definitely don't think you'd be ready - I thought fair enough maybe you're just being honest but then after that we just stuck to beginner roads which he was making me do over and over again even though I am comfortable driving on them and don't feel like anything was going particularly wrong. Today was my third 2 hour lesson with him and he said at the end 'you'll need at least 20 more hours of lessons' and then cancelled my appointment with him on my test date infront of me, I said could I not do more lessons in the mean time e.g. Evenings when I finish work and he said 'I'm fully booked until the end of march and for weekends even further' Now I got out of the car and burst into tears and I am fully prepared to be told I'm being overly sensitive but I feel like this was just mean? Is it usual practise to have to book in with your instructor like a month in advance? I prepaid all of these lessons but I'm beginning to think I should ask for a refund as I feel stuck now when I wanted to do more lessons and retake my test sooner, I already waited 2 months to retake it. However this would mean moving on to a THIRD instructor and I worry that I will not find someone that I am comfortable with
I would ask for a refund, he sounds like someone who is just trying to get as much money as he can. The instructor I had had an average of 20 hours per student before they passed their test, honest and trustworthy, not in it for the money. I recommend finding a new instructor.
Ask for a refund but be aware that you might not be paid back.
Reply 3
I went through 4 instructors before even booking a test. You're paying them to teach you, and if you don't like the way they treat you then you have no obligation to stay with them. I cried in all of my instructors' cars at least once because I was feeling so stressed and panicked, but the last one was the most understanding and used to make me feel very comfortable and actually never shouted at me. Don't just settle for a mean or rude instructor. You'll feel more confident with someone you like and trust and you'll notice they probably don't waste your time as much either.
In which case give the sh1ttist review ever and spread the word as much as you can about the scamming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending