The Student Room Group

Very sensitive after circumcision; How do I shower?

I'm only just turning 16 and I am also wondering how long this will last. I had to get circumcised because I could never pull my skin back my whole life. It is now Thursday night and I just got circumcised on Monday. Today I tried to take a shower and I couldn't do it because of the sensitivity. Is there another way for me to clean it?
My tip is incredibly sensitive and while trying to take my bandage off yesterday, I accidentally ripped one of the stitches too.
Reply 1
Original post by needydragon23
I'm only just turning 16 and I am also wondering how long this will last. I had to get circumcised because I could never pull my skin back my whole life. It is now Thursday night and I just got circumcised on Monday. Today I tried to take a shower and I couldn't do it because of the sensitivity. Is there another way for me to clean it?
My tip is incredibly sensitive and while trying to take my bandage off yesterday, I accidentally ripped one of the stitches too.

You need to give it some time (approximately two weeks) in order to get it fixed. You can take a shower, but make sure you don't make it wet. Otherwise, you'll feel the irritation. Wipes with an antibacterial solution can be used to clean it. Or for more help, talk to your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest