The Student Room Group

Girls, would you call a guy "beautiful"?

Or, like, pretty?

I'm with this girl and she was like "you're beautiful" (we were just talking btw, I didn't say **** to trigger her) and I felt like we were a lesbian couple.

I assume it's her way of expressing herself because she has said similar things in the past ("pretty eyes", "angel..." (yes... srs)) but god damn I felt penis...less.

I just wanna know how common this is... guys also share if u had similar experiences...
Hey, if someone gives me a compliment I don't care what it is
I'm a girl and I do call guys beautiful but not to their face, as in if I'm watching a movie and there's a guy in it with perfect features I'd sometimes say to my friends 'they're beautiful' but it is a bit weird if she's saying it to your face like that, is she foreign or something? Normally if I was complementing a guy I'd say he was hot or fit or handsome though, because beautiful/pretty is quite feminine.
I got beautiful a few times, not from foreigners. It's possible yes... Just another good compliment you can receive.
I always say that. Definitely not pretty but beautiful yes.
I call my boyfriend beautiful sometimes, by which I mean hot. I hate using the word handsome because I feel like that’s what I’d call a cute toddler or a dog and finding ways to call guys cute that aren’t sexualised terms I find quite hard. I’d call them cute but they seem to hate being called that, can’t win tbh.
Reply 6
haha I do it all the time

if a guy is insanely gorgeous i can't help but call him beautiful

my first boyfriend was beautiful... God I miss him :frown:
Yup, have called a guy beautiful. Some guys are just beautiful specimens and I think they deserve to know that.
I call my boyfriend 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous' all the time. It's nothing weird.
Beautiful is not gender specific.
Reply 10
I got called beautiful once by a girl

I was in a good mood all day...
Not for free, compliments come at £5.

SPECIAL OFFER, if you're in Year 11 or Year 13, you must be worried and stressed as hell for the exams, buy my compliments now and get a double raise in your total cost! That's right, £10 for one compliment! Buy now before prices get cheap.
Yes i called a guy beautiful... Cause the guy is beautiful and you cant help saying it... It moreover means the soul and the heart... So its a good thing if a guy gets 'beautiful' as a compliment... Take it..
Original post by Anonymous #1
Or, like, pretty?
I'm with this girl and she was like
Original post by Anonymous #1
Or, like, pretty?
I'm with this girl and she was like "you're beautiful" (we were just talking btw, I didn't say **** to trigger her) and I felt like we were a lesbian couple.
I assume it's her way of expressing herself because she has said similar things in the past ("pretty eyes", "angel..." (yes... srs)) but god damn I felt penis...less.
I just wanna know how common this is... guys also share if u had similar experiences...

Yes. I am an American woman and I would call a guy beautiful if that what he is which means way more than handsome… American men are so obsessed with man names… just calm down it’s not negative!!

Latest

Trending

Trending