The Student Room Group

Please can someone help asap

Everyone said that I would have already found my way to revise by now however I have still not found a way and I'm panicking. I did mocks with hardly any revision apart from 2 (the two which I revised th most) any resources would be great or revision tips to secure 6s
My exam boards are
English- AQA
Maths- AQA
Science - AQA
Drama- AQA
History- Eduqas
Geography- Eduqas
RE- Eduqas
Original post by Hannahrose3112
Everyone said that I would have already found my way to revise by now however I have still not found a way and I'm panicking. I did mocks with hardly any revision apart from 2 (the two which I revised th most) any resources would be great or revision tips to secure 6s
My exam boards are
English- AQA
Maths- AQA
Science - AQA
Drama- AQA
History- Eduqas
Geography- Eduqas
RE- Eduqas

Don't panic. First, tell us what methods of revision you have already tried. Then we can help you suggest other ways that may work.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Don't panic. First, tell us what methods of revision you have already tried. Then we can help you suggest other ways that may work.

I've done mindmaps, revision clocks, posters, started on flash cards but I'm just not motivated at all when I should be
For English lit I am doing essays on every theme and character in the books and plays, and essays and flash cards on the poems, along with mind maps/ graphic organisers.

For English language I have done nothing because normally I just wing it (which I wouldn’t recommend unless English language is super easy for you lol)

For maths I am just going through all the specimen and past papers I can

For science I am doing the same as in maths with the addition of flash cards on every topic and mind maps on each unit

For geography I have done graphic organisers on each section of the papers and done the specimen papers themselves

For RE I am doing the specimen papers and mind maps on each topic

For resources I would recommend CGP revision guides for good practice questions, look on the exam board websites for past and specimen papers, and YouTube for anything you get hopelessly stuck on.

I have no clue for drama and history cos I don’t take those subjects, but good luck anyways, I hope this helped and you pass with flying colours :smile:
I've done mindmaps, revision clocks, posters, started on flash cards but I'm just not motivated at all when I should be

What do you mean by revision clock? Like a timetable?

I suggest practice exam papers too. Get them marked by your teachers to get feedback on your exam technique. I also recommend the website Quizlet. It is totally free and you can create quizzes. I print them out and get my parents to test me on them.

I went through being unmotivated too when doing my GCSEs, it happened at A-Level too. It's easier said than done, but try and just do little bits at a time. Start with 10 minutes. Revise for 10 minutes, and then stop. Then do another 10 minutes. Eventually make it 15, then 20 etc. You'll be able to build up the length of time you work if you do it in smaller chunks to start with.
Original post by Rosytposy
For English lit I am doing essays on every theme and character in the books and plays, and essays and flash cards on the poems, along with mind maps/ graphic organisers.

For English language I have done nothing because normally I just wing it (which I wouldn’t recommend unless English language is super easy for you lol)

For maths I am just going through all the specimen and past papers I can

For science I am doing the same as in maths with the addition of flash cards on every topic and mind maps on each unit

For geography I have done graphic organisers on each section of the papers and done the specimen papers themselves

For RE I am doing the specimen papers and mind maps on each topic

For resources I would recommend CGP revision guides for good practice questions, look on the exam board websites for past and specimen papers, and YouTube for anything you get hopelessly stuck on.

I have no clue for drama and history cos I don’t take those subjects, but good luck anyways, I hope this helped and you pass with flying colours :smile:

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
What do you mean by revision clock? Like a timetable?

I suggest practice exam papers too. Get them marked by your teachers to get feedback on your exam technique. I also recommend the website Quizlet. It is totally free and you can create quizzes. I print them out and get my parents to test me on them.

I went through being unmotivated too when doing my GCSEs, it happened at A-Level too. It's easier said than done, but try and just do little bits at a time. Start with 10 minutes. Revise for 10 minutes, and then stop. Then do another 10 minutes. Eventually make it 15, then 20 etc. You'll be able to build up the length of time you work if you do it in smaller chunks to start with.

Thankyou so much and a revision clock is where you split An A3 page up into 12 sections (mimicking the different sections on a clock) and write 12 different questions or sub headings about the topic your working on and see how much information you can get down about it in say 5 mins :smile:
Reply 7
My exam boards are
English- AQA
Maths- AQA
Science - AQA
Drama- AQA
History- Eduqas
Geography- Eduqas
RE- Eduqas

I can help u revise just private message me

Quick Reply

Latest