The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Absinth
Yes definitely! I've just completed an AS level in politics in 3-4 months with the NEC and haven't even used the distance learning pack much (as the materials weren't fully up-to-date!) so just used text books and past exam papers... Then I entered myself for the exams at a local school, studied at home and turned up for the exams! I got a B (individual units were C,A,A) which isn't bad considering! :p:

So all they do is send you a pack? How does that cost £300?! Lol well I guess I'll go just for booking the exams and doing everything myself then -that's a great result in politics, especially because you did it on your own in 3months! :biggrin:
Reply 21
magicbean
So all they do is send you a pack? How does that cost £300?! Lol well I guess I'll go just for booking the exams and doing everything myself then -that's a great result in politics, especially because you did it on your own in 3months! :biggrin:

Yeah, a bit of a rip off imo. They also assign you a tutor to whom you're supposed to send your essays/ assignments to, and they mark it, but they're not that helpful.

Latest