The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Accommodation Email?

I firmed my offer to study children's nursing at Oxford Brookes and according to the website and email they said they would email us in April to apply for accommodation but I haven't gotten anything yet so I was wondering if anyone else had? do I need to do anything first?
Thank you!
Original post by Pinkdaisy1
I firmed my offer to study children's nursing at Oxford Brookes and according to the website and email they said they would email us in April to apply for accommodation but I haven't gotten anything yet so I was wondering if anyone else had? do I need to do anything first?
Thank you!

I haven’t got anything yet and I firmed in January, I’m guessing they will send them out this week at some point. Which is your first choice?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by katherine445
I'm thinking Clive booth halls, what about you?

We can apply there? I thought they only have Paul Kent, Cheney and Friar available for nursing/midwifery students. I’m not sure to be honest, I’m on a budget so it’ll have to be Paul Kent I guess
Reply 3
Someone asked on the facebook group they are sending them out on the week of the 23rd (next week). I think I am going with friar court, but not sure yet. I think we can only go for the course-specific ones, on the website although it says Paul Kent is 38 weeks it says in the details section that nursing and midwifery students are automatically offered a 46-week contract rather than the 38-week contract. I don't know if the others would do that too. could be worth contacting them?
Someone asked on the facebook group they are sending them out on the week of the 23rd (next week). I think I am going with friar court, but not sure yet. I think we can only go for the course-specific ones, on the website although it says Paul Kent is 38 weeks it says in the details section that nursing and midwifery students are automatically offered a 46-week contract rather than the 38-week contract. I don't know if the others would do that too. could be worth contacting them?

Oh right, thank you for clarifying! For the nursing/midwifery courses starting in September 2018 , there is only Friar, Cheney and Paul Kent available. I asked during the open day and it’s also under course specific accomodation section. I’m gutted we can’t apply yet, I was looking forward to getting it out of the way.
Reply 5
Thank you!

Hi! I'm also going to be starting children's nursing at Brookes. We have a group chat on Facebook if you're interested in joining? Apparently the accommodation email goes out next week x
Reply 6
Original post by elise68
Hi! I'm also going to be starting children's nursing at Brookes. We have a group chat on Facebook if you're interested in joining? Apparently the accommodation email goes out next week x

Yeah that would be great! I want to meet someone before I go, it makes it seem so much less daunting. I tried one of the links on Facebook but I couldn't join, I'm not completely sure how.. X
Anyone received the email yet?
Thank you!

Hi,

Congrats on your offer!!

If you (or anyone else in the thread) is still waiting to hear from accommodation and you're worried at all, their email is here: [email protected] :smile:
The accommodation office is so lovely and remember, they're there to help so don't be afraid to contact them!
Here's also a link to our 'How to Apply' page which should also contain some useful information: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-at-brookes/accommodation/prospective-students/how-to-apply/

I really hope this has helped, please let us know if you have any more questions!

All the best,
Catrin
Student Ambassador :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending