Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's my firm :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Mine too :biggrin:

Just deciding between rooms and halls. I'm wanting En-suite, it's just whether my parents shoot down that idea or not :biggrin: I'll go for Lenton & Wortley or Hugh Stew, depending on what type of room I end up with. I look forward to seeing you guys :p:
Reply 3
I think I will too :biggrin: For Economics and French.
Reply 4
Me too, L100 firmed! what optional modules are people thinking of taking, im sooo excited now!!!!!
I am going Notts subject to results.. I had a fairly dissapointing round of results in Jan (08), hopefully I can get in!
Reply 6
It's probably going to be my firm (subject to me attaining AAA ofc) for economics and philosophy with Birmingham as my insurance. Not 100% sure yet though.
Reply 7
Just made it my firm
good choice guys...pm me if you have any q's!
Reply 9
how are the teachers and lecture notes arun? Is it difficult to understand the mathematics and econometrics module without having studied further maths?
Reply 10
Has anyone received anything in the post after firming?
Reply 11
International Economics it is for me....Very excited about it although need the grades (AAA) first. fingers crossed I get them.

Can someone explain to me the choosing the modules system..I'm confused
Thanks
Reply 12
you can either choose all your modules from the school of economics or, you can pick modules from other departments.
Reply 13
yaaay Notts for life :smile:
Reply 14
yeah might be going to nottingham if i make the grades
Reply 15
good luck then
Tanya4
International Economics it is for me....Very excited about it although need the grades (AAA) first. fingers crossed I get them.

Can someone explain to me the choosing the modules system..I'm confused
Thanks

International Economics at Notts is the best in the UK. Glad you made such choice.:biggrin:

For your degree, I think the module systerm in 1st year is like this. You have 2 routes.
First route (if you don't have A-level Maths): Micro (20), Macro (20), International Economics 1&2 (10*2), QE 1 & 2 (15*2), and 30 free credits which you can spend anywhere in the university. In this route, you can't do Econometrics 1&2 in the 2nd year and other econometrics modules in 3rd year.
Second route (If you have A-level Maths): Micro (20), Macro (20), International Economics 1&2 (10*2), Mathematical Econ (15), Introductory Econometrics (15) and 30 free credits . In this route, you can do Econometrics 1&2 in the 2nd year.

If you have A-level maths, you can choose either route, but if you don't, you only have the first route.
v2006
how are the teachers and lecture notes arun? Is it difficult to understand the mathematics and econometrics module without having studied further maths?

Most of the lecturers are very good and approachable. They will put up the lecture notes online before or after lectures, but this doesn't mean that you have no notes to make during the lecture. One lecture runs 50 minutes and it's very fast, so you have a lot of work to do after the lecture. Besides lectures, you also have tutorials. Lecturers set tutorial questions beforehand, and those graduate TAs teach you tutorials.

Further maths will certainly help you understand econometrics better, but it purely depends on how hard you work.
Reply 18
alles_nichts
International Economics at Notts is the best in the UK. Glad you made such choice.:biggrin:

For your degree, I think the module systerm in 1st year is like this. You have 2 routes.
First route (if you don't have A-level Maths): Micro (20), Macro (20), International Economics 1&2 (10*2), QE 1 & 2 (15*2), and 30 free credits which you can spend anywhere in the university. In this route, you can't do Econometrics 1&2 in the 2nd year and other econometrics modules in 3rd year.
Second route (If you have A-level Maths): Micro (20), Macro (20), International Economics 1&2 (10*2), Mathematical Econ (15), Introductory Econometrics (15) and 30 free credits . In this route, you can do Econometrics 1&2 in the 2nd year.

If you have A-level maths, you can choose either route, but if you don't, you only have the first route.

No, QE 1 and 2 are only worth 10 credits each, not 15, so there will be 40 free credits if you're doing International Economics.

Mathematical Economics and Introductory Econometrics are worth a full 20 credits each, not 15. This means there will be 20 free credits if you're doing International Economics.
Reply 19
Out of interest why are nottingham's grade requirements AAA, especially considering they are going into extra ?

Latest

Trending

Trending