The Student Room Group

Struggling to pass functional skills maths at level 2

Scroll to see replies

ahahah I done the same thing. but i answered the questions first and then watched the videos to check my answers.

I took both my maths and english exam with intech centre in London. They have the sample papers on the website so what i did is, I opened up the sample answered one question in Maths and then watched the video to check my answers. I repeated this process for the other 2 questions in maths. They have 3-4 sample videos. its amazing guys. Also, booking and getting a slot was super easy.

English was more complex as it has 3 exams. again Intech made it simple for me. I have the topics for speaking & listening to prepare for so i can do presentation and discussion.

also for reading and writing exams, they have samples as well

i passed both and i am ready to start my university in September.

just google intech centre and they will appear at the top.
Original post by Anonymous
When I did my exam 4 years ago, it was with City & Guilds. I passed that first time because my english is extremely good. The maths exams with city and guilds are very hard, but I am poor at maths in general. It depends what kind of learner you are as well. I am a visual learner so I learn from watching videos which is why I am watching Intech centre videos on city and guilds papers and doing the tests by myself after i watch them to see if I have improved.
Original post by Sharl22
Hi did u pass in the end, im having the same problem its my 3rd time and it gets harder:frown:

Which exam board did you do your exam with?
I think C&G is hard.
I done my with city & guilds and it was fine. Try to prepare with sample test papers and some youtube videos. it really helped me a lot.

Good luck
Original post by Zumbaqueen
Which exam board did you do your exam with?
I think C&G is hard.
It's funny how I passed Level 2 English with ease but I'm struggling with maths so badly lol.. I think that it's a bit embarrassing to be honest. I have passed Level 1 and that took a few good attempts but Level 2 is so difficult and I don't think I will ever pass it. I even have a CGP book at level 2 and struggle with the questions compared to when I studied level 1. I am sure if I had a 1 to 1 tutor who could help me, I would pass but I'm usually studying by myself usually. The government want you to have at least level 2 to be able to get through life... I feel like the exam is almost impossible for me to pass :frown:

Hi there. Just reading this. Did you eventually manage to pass ??
I passed my level 2 last month!
I finally did it!! My advice to anyone whose struggling is to never give up and just keep going because you’ll get there eventually!!
Good luck!!😊
I passed my level 2 last month!
I finally did it!! My advice to anyone whose struggling is to never give up and just keep going because you’ll get there eventually!!
Good luck!!😊

How many times did you sit it. This was my second attempt
Original post by Mazzahaywood51
How many times did you sit it. This was my second attempt

4 times altogether for level 2
4 times altogether for level 2

Aww bless you..... well done , you persevered with it,,and it paid off ...That will be me too, another year at college.....pfttttt ......
Original post by Mazzahaywood51
Aww bless you..... well done , you persevered with it,,and it paid off ...That will be me too, another year at college.....pfttttt ......

Best of luck to you!
Just remember... don’t give up!!🏃🏾*♂️😊
Yes, I understand you. Passing Level 2 would be mnageable if Edexcel would stop loading their exam questions with unnecessary red herrings, bad English and full of ambiguities. Edexcel should make every 10 minute question, clear and unequivocal in every material respect, and we'd all pass with flying colours.
It's funny how I passed Level 2 English with ease but I'm struggling with maths so badly lol.. I think that it's a bit embarrassing to be honest. I have passed Level 1 and that took a few good attempts but Level 2 is so difficult and I don't think I will ever pass it. I even have a CGP book at level 2 and struggle with the questions compared to when I studied level 1. I am sure if I had a 1 to 1 tutor who could help me, I would pass but I'm usually studying by myself usually. The government want you to have at least level 2 to be able to get through life... I feel like the exam is almost impossible for me to pass :frown:

Reply, Quite understand. You're not helped with the Edexcel maths examiners and their unmanageable exam questions. Each 10 minute exam question is loaded with bad English, full of red herrings and full of ambiguities. Level 2 Maths candidates feel totally disempowered. It is suggested that each Level 2 question should be clear and unequivocal in every material respect. But this doesn't help now and it incredibly disempowering.
Mate I ****ing failed functional skills maths are you joking me all you need is 30 marks and my dumb ass didn’t pass what a joke
Reply 32
Original post by Courtzillsxo3
Mate I ****ing failed functional skills maths are you joking me all you need is 30 marks and my dumb ass didn’t pass what a joke

It's 48 out of 75 marks to pass. City & Guilds is the hardest exam board to pass but I managed to pass eventually.
Reply 33
I fail my English maths and I have leanings problems and I find it hard to function and it up setting and u think ur a failer when u walk out ur exmas and feel the people are laugh at u and they are not
Aspire Sussex do ncfe exam board for maths and I've found they are extremely difficult compared to other exam boards I've seen on pass papers. Pearsons seem hard but not extremely hard.
Original post by Elzebelz
Aspire Sussex do ncfe exam board for maths and I've found they are extremely difficult compared to other exam boards I've seen on pass papers. Pearsons seem hard but not extremely hard.

Keep at it and don’t give up! You’ll get there in the end. Just do it for you and don’t worry about what you think people might be thinking. Just focus on your maths.
Good luck!!
Yeah plz I need help with maths too
Hi,
I will be sitting a C&G maths Level 2 exam but I have a question
what exactly is the pass mark for Maths C&G does it change?
Reply 38
Original post by Jj8687770
Hi,
I will be sitting a C&G maths Level 2 exam but I have a question
what exactly is the pass mark for Maths C&G does it change?

The pass mark is between 32 - 37 marks. All I know is that if you get over 2/3 of the exam right, you will pass because that's what I did.
Original post by Nimsy
The pass mark is between 32 - 37 marks. All I know is that if you get over 2/3 of the exam right, you will pass because that's what I did.

Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending