The Student Room Group

Struggling to pass functional skills maths at level 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My Uni said that I need a 'GCE Equivalent' which apparently is a level 2 qualification. With Covid I wasn't sure where to book but found you can now take the exams online through various providers. This was a little more expensive than the normal exam fee but I was able to book the exam at a time to suit me. Just waiting for the results now, will ipdate once in.
I agree with you, maths is a little bit challenging especially when you advance. But I can tell you for sure when you develop a positive attitude towards it and some guidance will help you through. Contact me with the materials you have I help you where I can
Reply 42
Hi I know I’m late to this thread but how did u find NCFE maths level 2 exam? Just wanting know beacause I have exam in 2 weeks time and bit scared to be honest. Xx
I'm doing level 2 math city and guilds next month, anyone got tips or material to help me pass? i already failed once at 30%...
Reply 44
Original post by IHateMaths3
I'm doing level 2 math city and guilds next month, anyone got tips or material to help me pass? i already failed once at 30%...

Hey, which examination board was it that you did? I also failed with 30% with Edexcel. But looking to do it with C&G now.
Original post by Bindi11
Hey, which examination board was it that you did? I also failed with 30% with Edexcel. But looking to do it with C&G now.

City and guilds is HARD, problem with it is, one month it could be really easy - the next month it could be extremely hard.

How long are you studying for? everyday? every other day? the weekends?
Reply 46
Original post by IHateMaths3

You can buy Functional Level 2 tuition books, mni tests, flashcards etc on Amazon that cover the syllabus to tutor yourself.

You can download past papers and test yourself. From the marking schemes that are provided, you can identify weak spots to address.

Draw up a proper study plan now - 6 weeks left to do a resit will pass quickly and there are dozens of different calculations to master.
Reply 47
Hi, I’m doing Edexcel functional skills is it easier than any other exams boards and what advice would you give me to pass my exam.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi are you still on here just that I am studying my level 2 might need help if possible?
Me and you both I’m about to sit my 3rd attempt this morning. Don’t be embarrassed anything great is hard to get is my motto just keep at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending