The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"My dog ate it" :p:

"I took it to breakfast to finish off some last bits n some idiot spilt milk on it, so I had to throw it away!" :rolleyes:

"I already gave it to u, remember?" (thats my favourite, I always use that one. haha) :biggrin:
Reply 2
Usually it's just I need a lil' bit more time to make it even better than it already is. Works a charm and they will never know the thought of doing it hadn't even crossed my mind until I remembered we had homework when I get to school!
I actually had my dog chew up my homework once...my teacher didn't believe me until I showed her the mangled exercise book with dog pawprints and teethmarks, and then couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the class.
"Stolen by dragons."
something related to a technical difficulty like 'my usb stick only has the first draft on it' or ' can i print it off after the lesson and give it to you later ' ahem... works for me anyway!
oooh and handing in the wrong essay 'by accident'
Reply 7
I've turned over a new leaf in life and no longer believe in pens, paper and computers. They are the new sins of our time.
foolproof method from my school days :biggrin:

i had a usb flash disk that somehow messed up, o everytime i hadn't done my work i used to take it to school and then pretend the disk had just messed up, so they couldn't see the work...the brilliant thing with this is i managed to pull it off with the same teacher abt 5/6 times within one year without her realsing what was going on
Reply 9
I used "My mum hasn't printed it off for me"

At school i was a goody goody and could have got away with saying anything really
Reply 10
Printer died/internet died.

I also recall hearing someone say to the teacher that as they were cycling to college they hit deer resulting in their file dropping on the road where a car ran over it. It worked as well. :biggrin:
Reply 11
"OMG - you lost my homework?!" :eek:

Disclaimer - usually only works when you are past the deadline.
Reply 12
ash_moo
"OMG - you lost my homework?!" :eek:

Disclaimer - usually only works when you are past the deadline.

Ooh, that's a good one - might use it sometime! :smile:
Reply 13
My dog once ate my homework diary, he took a chunk out the cover!

I once told my teacher "I did my homework in my head, I didn't realise we were supposed to write it down.' and got sent out for being cheeky. Thing was, I was being serious! I honestly didn't realise she wanted us to write down a sentence!
Reply 14
HereWithMe89
"My dog ate it" :p:

"I took it to breakfast to finish off some last bits n some idiot spilt milk on it, so I had to throw it away!" :rolleyes:

"I already gave it to u, remember?" (thats my favourite, I always use that one. haha) :biggrin:

lol yeah I like the 'already gave it to u' one.
-ones that I tend to use are: (not necessarily believable or good ones)

-"Really?"
-"Wait a sec, It's in my locker... *runs out room. Screeches off in car. Soars off in aeroplane*
-"Oh god yeah the work... yea haven't done it."
-"That's really annoying, I put it in my bag... someone must've stolen it!" (as they do)
-"Omg.. I just realised how sunny it is" *changes subject*
-"We had work for today? YOU LIER!!"
"I've got coursework to do (i do) and I only need a D...I've realised what my priorities are."
"I already gave it to u, remember?" (thats my favourite, I always use that one. haha)

I used that one this morning about Maths coursework, the thing is I had actually given it in about a month ago and my teacher appears to have lost it.
Reply 17
We once made a powerpoint presentation on the tudors with each slide full of wingdings text with the odd picture of henry viii, and told our hugely computer-illiterate old history teacher that the file must have corrupted... did this 2 lessons in a row, never had to do the presentation
HereWithMe89
:biggrin:

The new classic is: "Oh, sorry - I was un-able to print it off as it was Word 2007." Haha. :biggrin:
Reply 19
I also used to bring 'work' in on floppy discs to print out in the lesson knowing full well that none of the computers in the school have floppy disc drives!

Latest

Trending

Trending