The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ZoeH
Ooh, that's a good one - might use it sometime! :smile:

Wow, I passed on some wisdom.

That's my good deed done for the day :biggrin:
few of mine from me and others: (all have been used, usually to no avail lol).

"I just got hit by a car"

"how can you punish me for something I didn't do?.....I'm calling animal rights"

"my mum got aids, my head is all over the place atm"

"I'm not gay"

"dont you trust me, I trust you..."
Reply 22
I was just plain honest.... they always thanked me for not coming up with some ridiculous story that no-one could beleive lol.
katkatkat
We once made a powerpoint presentation on the tudors with each slide full of wingdings text with the odd picture of henry viii, and told our hugely computer-illiterate old history teacher that the file must have corrupted... did this 2 lessons in a row, never had to do the presentation

Ahh, the joys of computer illiterate teachers. :biggrin:

AmySian
I once told my teacher "I did my homework in my head, I didn't realise we were supposed to write it down.' and got sent out for being cheeky. Thing was, I was being serious! I honestly didn't realise she wanted us to write down a sentence!

That's brilliant!! :biggrin:
when we get homework my whole class tends to just say "What homework?".... it doesn't work anymore though :frown: lol
SouthernFreerider
"how can you punish me for something I didn't do?.....I'm calling animal rights"

"dont you trust me, I trust you..."

Two of the best I've heard! :biggrin:

Although I think I'm too old for using excuses for not handing in homework now and getting away with funny excuses. :frown:
Reply 26
... had to go to a funeral :'(

:p:
Reply 27
my one always worked...
teacher: ok time to hand in your essays
me: yep okay, i'll just get it *reaches in bag* OOOMMMAAAAGODDDD IT AIN'T DURRR!!
teacher: hand it in tomorrow

although you can only get away with it a couple times with each teacher :/
I couldn't be bothered.
I forgot because it's not important.
i didnt do it because i couldnt be bothered - teachers love that one!!

As people have said as long as you are a clever pupils and have been good in the past you can get away with anything - the usb broken/wrong file format/ive allready handed it in to you - waffle into a fictional story about when you gave it to them - and theyll be like yea yea i remember must be in the car - then they are really sorry when they find out theyve lost it and give you more time - then you say give me another week ill redo it - i can remember most of it. Then in future they feel bad so are even more lenient
also - im from an ethnic minority/strong religious beliefs - for example- it is against my islamic beliefs to do homework. They wont dare have a go at you for fear of you taking them to court.
My elder brother didn't have to do that piece.
My mum was away so she couldn't do it.
Reply 32
Generally, "the printer wouldn't work".

Or in the days of floppy disks, I'd get one and scratch the inside with a compass so it wouldn't work, and show them that it wouldn't.

But that was when I was younger. From Year 10 onwards, I just said "I'm not going to make up any stupid excuses, I just haven't done it". Worked like a treat :biggrin:
Reply 33
I usually just tell them the truth, I was too lazy to do it.
"I had to have chemotherapy!!!"

Never works, sigh.
katkatkat
We once made a powerpoint presentation on the tudors with each slide full of wingdings text with the odd picture of henry viii, and told our hugely computer-illiterate old history teacher that the file must have corrupted... did this 2 lessons in a row, never had to do the presentation

that's hilarious :rofl: I was too much of a spod not to do homework/assignments:rolleyes:
Reply 36
eDDeboo
I've turned over a new leaf in life and no longer believe in pens, paper and computers. They are the new sins of our time.

....Boards and chalk all the way?
Reply 37
i know somebody who seriously said his dog ate it.

this was one of my escuses, which was true.

"why ahve you not got your homework?"
i couldnt send it into school
"why?"
internet broke
"couldnt you use usb?"
usb ports dont work
"floppy?"
dont have one
"couldnt you burn it onto disk"
pc doesnt burn things onto disks
I think SouthernFreerider beat me to it sort of, my my favourite which my friend actually got away with is:

student(as teacher is entering room): Sir, do you believe it is morally wrong to punish someone for something they havn't done?
teacher: Of course!
student: Great. I havn't done your homework...

Also a commonly used one which works is to have a corrupt file on your USB stick. When homework is asked in for (essays etc) go to print it off and then go "oh no sir, the file's messed up or summin - look. I'll have to copy it onto here again. I'll give it in tommorow."
I usually create a .bmp or some other file extention and then rename it as say "homework.doc" and put it onto my external harddrive. Then when you're in lesson printing it off, and you attempt to open a false .doc file, microsoft word will refuse to open it, giving you an error message.

Then you can be like "ARGH WTF MAH HOMEWERKZZ WONT OPEN!!11"

Latest

Trending

Trending