The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
'I thought I did it, but I didn't.'
Reply 101
You could always go for heroics, "I was concussed after saving a baby from being run down by a lorry, and so couldn't do it".
I have my head teacher for half of my sociology lessons, she sets so many essays it is just ridiculous. She always believes my excuses though:p: .

When we are asked to type work, this is the process I usually go through:

"Oh:frown: , it is on the computer, would you prefer me to e-mail it to you?"

"The school e-mail doesn’t seem to let me send work from home so you might not of received it, let me take down your home address:wink: "

"I sent it, you must of got it? This is the right e-mail? Oh I seem to have missed an A when I took it down, silly me!:rolleyes: "

"have you checked you junk mail section, I might have to send it again?:biggrin: "

I feel guilty though, I think she assumes just because we attend a catholic school and I'm generally a good boy (although we have had a few confrontations in our time), that I wont lie. If she didn't set 3 essays at once, we wouldn't have this problem now would we!:p:
Reply 103
katkatkat
We once made a powerpoint presentation on the tudors with each slide full of wingdings text with the odd picture of henry viii, and told our hugely computer-illiterate old history teacher that the file must have corrupted... did this 2 lessons in a row, never had to do the presentation

I like it, Happy birthday too :smile:
Reply 104
I say "I sent you an email, didn't you get it?" That works a lot!
the dog ate it - CLASSIC
Reply 106
I got mugged :rolleyes:
Reply 107
lol. these are great.

i genuinly left mine at home one and he never believed me.

one guy in my maths class the otehr day said that he spilled acid in his bag after chemistry. not sure if it worked but i liked it.

ooohhhh. that just reminded me of when a boy turned up 20 mins late for maths. my teacher asked:"why are you late?" he replied: "no real reason. i just didnt want to come to yur class" he got an evil look and was ignored for the rest of the lesson. lol

the best one ive used has to bemy grandad is im hospital in london (a long way from me) and i couldnt do it cus ive been getting a train their every night.
he wasnt actually in london. ie was about 20 mins down the road and i was their every nightbut i could have done my homework. just didnt feel like it.

ooohhh thats another. i didnt feel like it. it was too easy so i didnt bother.
It actually takes more effort to think of excuses than it does to actually do the homework!
I managed to hand in my GCSE Chemistry coursework 3 months late by repeatedly saying "I don't want to hand it in, the way it is. It isn't good enough. I'm not good enough!" Which made my Chem teacher think I had issues... but it worked. He never asked me after the second time when I did a face palm and pretended to cry.
I've always wanted to try and say: 'I didn't do the homework and have no excuse. I'm sorry but I don't expect you to accept my apology and I don't deserve a second chance.'

I don't know how most of my teachers would respond!
Reply 110
"Sorry, but this subject is my lowest priority. I did some Maths instead"

Yes, I did say that. My Chemistry teacher wasn't impressed.
cactusboi
lol yeah I like the 'already gave it to u' one.
-ones that I tend to use are: (not necessarily believable or good ones)

-"Really?"
-"Wait a sec, It's in my locker... *runs out room. Screeches off in car. Soars off in aeroplane*
-"Oh god yeah the work... yea haven't done it."
-"That's really annoying, I put it in my bag... someone must've stolen it!" (as they do)
-"Omg.. I just realised how sunny it is" *changes subject*
-"We had work for today? YOU LIER!!"

ROFL! The soars off in aeroplane nearly made me piss myself with laughter :laugh: My favourite one that I did when I was in high school was:

Teacher: "kirsty homework?"
K: "Yeah I will give it to you at the end of class"

End of class - rushed out of room

Now this usually worked depending on the response of the teacher/what the teacher was like. Like they could be all strict and be like "NO I WANT IT NOW!" or else all laid back "kthxbye".

Kirsty

xoxo
I remember when they ask for my homework, just looking at the teacher in pensive mode until they moved to the next person :pierre:
Reply 113
my maths teacher was once checking to see if we'd done out h/w (which i hadn't) so i said that i'd forgotten my book but hadn't managed to finish the whole thing. i got off lighter than someone who had forgotten their book as well and had said they'd done the whole thing. the art of semi-lying :smile:
Ohhh how i wish a few of the trusty old excuses would still wash at uni!

Latest

Trending

Trending