The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Kim08
I think the Uni emailed her telling her :smile:

hmmm, i didnt get one, i even posted in the forum that they setup for new applicatants (for comp science) and still no reply, guess i should just wait? can everyone else let me no if the recieve this e-mail too

thanks
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
jermaindefoe
hmmm, i didnt get one, i even posted in the forum that they setup for new applicatants (for comp science) and still no reply, guess i should just wait? can everyone else let me no if the recieve this e-mail too

thanks

I think that she emailed them first asking them about the scholarships.
They sure did =]

Dear Harriet

Thank you for your email. I will be informing applicants via email this week.

Kind regards

Julia

Thats it =]
xx
I wonder if that applies for ALL the departments at Kent?
Yeah I think it does. I sent to it the scholarship address anyway, she seems to be the person in charge, not just for my course.. and she didnt specify, soo.. good luck =]
xx
jermaindefoe

thanks

It wasnt an automatic 'send to all' thing.. I emailed her yesterday asking, and she replied =]
xx
pinksparkles2
Yeah I think it does. I sent to it the scholarship address anyway, she seems to be the person in charge, not just for my course.. and she didnt specify, soo.. good luck =]
xx

Wow. I suddenly feel very nervous.

Good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed.
Reply 27
hcr
OP
I haven't got the English one but they have said I'm on the reserve list - just have to wait and see if I get it (hopefully whoever has got it will decide they don't want to go to Kent although I think that's rather unlikely!!)
hcr
I haven't got the English one but they have said I'm on the reserve list - just have to wait and see if I get it (hopefully whoever has got it will decide they don't want to go to Kent although I think that's rather unlikely!!)

Yeah same! It sucks being second place :frown:
Stiilll nothing.
Does anyone know if they literally just put £1000 into your account every year, or if they just take it off the fees or the accomm or whatever?!
xx
Just wondering actually, did anyone actually get confirmation when they sent their application off?!
I didnt hear anything from them. So I hope they actually got it =S
xx
Reply 31
hcr
OP
GodspeedGehenna
Yeah same! It sucks being second place :frown:

I'm actually rather pleased with second (if I ignore the fact I've lost out on a grand) as it means they must have been pleased with what I'd written (also I actually wrote my essay on the Friday that was the closing date, part of it during my frees and the rest after I'd got home from the third night of being in a school play - so second was quite good for an essay written between 10:45 and midnight!
Reply 32
hcr
I'm actually rather pleased with second (if I ignore the fact I've lost out on a grand) as it means they must have been pleased with what I'd written (also I actually wrote my essay on the Friday that was the closing date, part of it during my frees and the rest after I'd got home from the third night of being in a school play - so second was quite good for an essay written between 10:45 and midnight!

I can relate, though not about scholarships; last year for A Levels, we had to write a 3,000 word study for Media, and I made my title to be about LGBT in the media - and my best friend did something to do with LGBT in film alone. Now, she started doing hers from the end of year 12 to the day it was due in... and I did mine the night before it was due in. I spent a day finding sources and writing it... and she got an A, which she definitely deserved - and I got a B. For some reason, the pressure of having a small amount of time to do it spurred me on, and somehow, thanks to a very good introduction and god knows what else, I got a B.

Considering nearly everyone else had been doing there's for yonks and got less than a B, I was rather pleased ^_^ and I don't think she's ever quite forgiven me for getting a good grade so easily...

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT one of those smart people who doesn't try and then gets good grades. On the contrary, I have to work my ass off to get a B... I got hardly any B's in any work throughout A Level...

Anyway. So. I know how you feel about last-minute essays and the pleasure of getting a good grade for them. I think mine was just passion, mostly; my passion for the subject I chose to write about made me work harder, in a shorter amount of time.
Reply 33
hcr
OP
KatKit - (now I'm taking this thread completely off topic)

Something very similar happened to my sister last week and I'll relate it her as it's quite amusing.

My sister's in year 10 and she really couldn't be arsed to do some geography homework so rushed it off in 20 mins and was prepared to get a rubbish grade; however, when the teacher handed the work back she found out she'd got an A* and he thought it was so good he went on and on about how she must have put so much more effort in to it than anyone else and then photocopied it and gave it out to the class as a good example!
Reply 34
Pmsl!! I'm not quite that good :P unfortunately...

Some people work well under pressure ^_^ I do, occasionally...

PS: Everyone, call me Kitty. I'd feel SO much more at home. Kitty, or, if you want to be formal, Kat. :p:
Pleeeassseeee can someone tell me if they got like confirmation email or anything when they applied for their scholarship?! I still havnt heard and Im worried!!
xx
pinksparkles2
Pleeeassseeee can someone tell me if they got like confirmation email or anything when they applied for their scholarship?! I still havnt heard and Im worried!!
xx

Nope, didnt get a confirmation email when my essay was sent off. The only response I got was when I was told that I was reserve choice.

No news is probably good news.
Pheww.. thank you GG ;] You have calmed my nerves.
*fingers crossed*
xx

Latest

Trending

Trending