The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Me too, WMT. As an aside, how did you find the interpreting for French...?
Reply 21
Just did my French interpreting yesterday. It went alright, although annoyingly I knew the vocab of the practice paper far better than that of the real thing. Still, although I don't remember needing to use any impressive vocab, I guess I got all the points across somehow or other.

If you haven't done it yet, don't worry - it's not as difficult as you expect. My paper was about someone hosting a tennis tournament, but I can't remember there being any sports-specific vocab; only words I can remember are louer (hire) and Newcastle :P
For some reason, I thought the interpreting paper was easier than past papers had me thinking it would be! Picked up the old 'providing that' as their token subjunctive construction lol so I was happy with that :biggrin:

What did you think of yours??
^ Yes, me too! I was chuffed with the subjunctive there. I had test two, which was also the TT. The only problem, is I vousvoyed the whole way through, and I should have tutoyed. But whatever, I don't care.

I also didn't understand the word 'ancien', because of the pronunciation, but got it eventually...

Latest

Trending

Trending