The Student Room Group

The "rubbish bands who are really big" thread

Ok here a thread for slagging of rubbish bands who loads of people like for some reason.

I really hate foo fighters.
one of their biggest songs is hero... why does a grown man sing 'there goes my hero, he's ordinary?' did he think this while walking down the street?
What does he do at gigs - have a panic attack? omg theres thousands...
Also their name, what exactly are they fighting???

ok add any band you want doesnt matter if theyre big or not its fine. Stick up for bands also - i think most people ike the foos...

Scroll to see replies

I like Foo Fighters. :smile:

However, I don't like Oasis, so feel free to ignore me.
foo fighters are great

razorlight are crap
the killers
Reply 3
nirvana lolol
Reply 4
Oasis have like, 1 good album (What's the story) and then a handful of alright songs. They are SO overrated imo.
Reply 5
- The Kaiser Chiefs
- U2

That's all that springs to mind.
Pii
Oasis have like, 1 good album (What's the story) and then a handful of alright songs. They are SO overrated imo.

I like Pii. :smile:
Reply 7
Don't diss the Foos, My Hero is a great song.

The Killers
The Feeling
The Hoosiers
Nickelback

are all rubbish though.
Reply 8
foo fighters are awesome

kaiser cheifs
franz ferdinand

are rubbish and sound the same!
Most current bands sound the same and are rubbish. Particularly things like The Feeling and The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls and I don't even know what the rest are called but they are all awful. I don't know if they count as "really big", though, unless you merge them into one entity which they essentially are. It's even worse than a couple of years back when everything sounded like Sum41, Blink182 etc, Busted etc.
These are great, especially killers and razorlight.

Can't believe noones mentioned bloc party...
Pigeon Detectives.

Each song on it's own is bearable, but play the album and you'd think it was the same song over and over and over and over and over and...
Reply 12
I hate amy winehouse. But then again she's not a band, oh well.
If anybody says Arctic Monkeys, I will have your family killed.

- The Hoosiers
- Kaiser Chiefs
- U2
- Pink Floyd (there you go, the controversial one)
- The Feeling
- The Killers
- The Kooks (although Naive is a great song)
- Foo Fighters
Reply 14
Right.

Nirvana are not rubbish- they were so revolutionary when they came out and their songs are still brilliant. Lithium, You Know You're Right, The Man Who Sold The World (Bowie cover)........ they may not be your taste in music but surely Nirvana can't be classed alongside bands like Kaiser Chiefs as crap bands that are big.

I'd agree that U2 are overrated. Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers are alright but definitely not as good as they're made out to be in my opinion.

Pink Floyd are certainly not "rubbish"; sure, some of their abstract stuff is maybe a little pretentious but listen to "Wish You Were Here" if you're in doubt that they've made some phenomenal music.

2^1/2 : Kaiser Chiefs, as I've mentioned, are overrated in my opinion. However Franz Ferdinand are brilliant I think. Such catchy riffs and I love the way Alex Kapranos sings.

I'm glad nobody's mentioned Radiohead yet.

Razorlight are alright; catchy songs that are good to sing along to, however the lead singer is an arrogant git (didn't he say that he was the best songwriter in the world or something along those lines?).
Reply 15
the beatles
L i b
- The Kaiser Chiefs
- U2

That's all that springs to mind.

:ditto:
Reply 17
Have The Hoosiers done anything of any quality, other than Worried about Ray and Goodbye Mr. A? Which are only semi-decent anyway.
Alot of the people/bands who are big at the minute are ****e. Especially all this indie nonsense.
Kate Nash for a start needs a good kick.

Talking big bands though:

- U2
- Radiohead (I just find them depressing for the most part to be honest)
- Iron Maiden, bucket of arse just about sums them up.
- Coldplay (again, mostly depressing, and whiney or just annoying)
- Beatles (Never seen the appeal)

My god there must be something wrong with me today, I spend too much of my time bitching about crappy bands lol, and I cant think of any atm.

Quick Reply

Latest