The Student Room Group

Motivation!!! ( to revise//do work)

helllo

just wondering how everyone gets motivated to revise especially when theres not a exam looming in a week ,but still need to get on and do some

sorry if theres already a thread

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're going to fail. Work.

(Usually does it for me)
Reply 2
Not really a question of motivation
just sort of look at your notes etc whilst watching tv and stuff
I dont tend to revise though, so I couldnt really say for sure
Having to get into university
More pressure than motivation really
think of the end product! getting into uni is my motivation!!!
I know this sounds really silly :redface: but assuming you're a Year 13 student, blu-tack your offer letter from your firm/ top choice uni on the wall where you work. You can't help but notice it then and it will always make you get back on task when you're distracted!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
I just think... You know them boys who dropped out at GCSE and became builders, you know the one, you walk by him everyday and he waves as he works. Well if you don't pass your exams, you can become one of them, but one that spend two years trying to go to university and now is earning the least wages out of all the drop-out builders... Thats my thoughts :smile:
Reply 7
yaf
OP
all good stufff

thhanks
Reply 8
There's always that little voice in my head, you can do better than your brother.:biggrin:
Reply 9
I don't want to waste another year and spend next year doing A levels too. 4 years to get a Masters...of A levels.
think about how stupid youll look if you fail :\
Reply 11
I'm haunted by that image every moment. My results slip from year 13 is stuck on my desk..reminder of things to come if I don't work.
Echolife
There's always that little voice in my head, you can do better than your brother.:biggrin:

My motivation too :smile: Want the satisfaction of beating him! lolol...sibling rivalry!
Reply 13
just think about results day and how they always show all those cheesy students on the news with a ridiculous number of A's. You dont want to be watching them with your grades seeming pathetic compared to theirs.
Reply 14
The idea of getting into the uni I want helps with motivation.

Also Mum confiscates whatever manga I'm reading and my drawing pens until I've done some work :hmpf:
Go on the AQA/OCR/EDEXCEL website, download a past paper. realise you can't pass it.

that always motivates me. looking at past papers and thinking "**** I dont know what I'd write for that"
Reply 16
University is my next goal and main motivation.

I dont want to be a dropout like all my friends who will never get anywhere drinking all day long working 9-5 just to survive and then waste their rent money on drink again.

Think of it this way, you only live once might as well better your chances of having a good life by working hard in anything you choose to do, its A level's now so work hard.
Reply 17
Im trying to revise too! I have an exam tomorrow but have so far today been distracted by Sainsbury's for 3 hours and Japanese pen spinning for another 2. Look that up, its amazing! When revision is over, of course.
But Ive found that putting my revision notes into a song is really fun, so I dont mind doing it, and also really easy to remember, because its a song! I know, Im sad...
Getting into university is my current motivation and the thought of how disappointed i'll be if i don't get the grades i need just because i didn't get round to revising.
Reply 19
Having my name read out at the beginning of next years assembly for good grades... for the sole basis of embarrasing my brother two years below me.
:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest