The Student Room Group

study motivation<3

any tips on how to get motivation during studying?
Reply 1
Try making a list of things you want to get done before you start, then reward yourself every time you complete one of those tasks. Also, keep your study space organised and free of distractions. I've found that cleaning my desk before I start studying helps me focus better. Keep reminding yourself of what you're studying towards as well. Your hard work will pay off :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by diyadipesh
Try making a list of things you want to get done before you start, then reward yourself every time you complete one of those tasks. Also, keep your study space organised and free of distractions. I've found that cleaning my desk before I start studying helps me focus better. Keep reminding yourself of what you're studying towards as well. Your hard work will pay off :smile:

for the list of things i use the study rooms from studyverse would this be okay?
Think about why you're doing this. What is your end goal? Do you want to succeed in the future? Do you need to go to uni/college etc. I want to be a paramedic so I picture myself there, as a paramedic doing what I want.
I also really love the flora/forest app as motivation. You can add your friends and try to revise more than them.

If you want something enough you will work hard for it
Reply 4
Original post by oursgrace
for the list of things i use the study rooms from studyverse would this be okay?

If you've found that it works for you then its perfect! I personally like writing out everything I have to do so I get the satisfaction of crossing it out later but whatever works best for you.
I don't think anyone is truly motivated...who actually wants to study?
It's about self discipline
Original post by oursgrace
any tips on how to get motivation during studying?

@savvabaklava talked about self-discipline and I think that's quite true.
Motivation is more of a passive thing, it doesn't make you study, it doesn't get you high grades, it's more of a driving force that gets you to start - and starting is always the hard bit.
Self-discipline is more active, it's the ability to push yourself, regardless of your mood or whether or not you want to study.

To build up self-discipline, you could have a look at your goals, or what makes you push yourself - is it to make your family proud? Is it to feel fulfilled and achieved in your life? Is it to be recognised for your achievements? Or is it to pursue your passion and interests? Your goals are the primary factor for your success, if you know your aim, it makes you feel inspired to pursue it.

@diyadipesh mentioned using a reward system, and rewarding yourself every time you do something is also an effective way of revising, it keeps you going, because you know the revision is worth doing if you'll get some form of a reward in return for your efforts.

Lastly, don't let yourself get burnt out. It's really easy to lose yourself in truckloads of revision, studying and continuous work, so remember to take regular breaks and that you don't have to be a perfect student to have a perfect or successful life. Look after yourself and know that whatever hard work of effort you put in towards your goals, it will all be worth it in the end!
I hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest