The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dirtyoldriver
If you look it says the services are only currently available for things like getting on the waiting list and reviewing the terms of your offer. It's probably just not up there yet, you'll have to keep checking until it is :smile: I think they may be using a new electronic system this year so it's possibly taking a bit longer to sort out.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people have been having problems with the online system. Supposedly, the application page was said to be up by the 16th January (which is clearly isn't). I'll just have to keep checking :smile:

Ahh it's so frustrating, I'm worried enough as it is about getting a place in good halls >.<
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Mmrawrr
Ah I see. I shall be pretty careful. I doubt I'll be allowed to share a room, so that's a shame. I wouldn't really mind sharing. :smile: I'm just hoping for a close-by (20 minute walk or less) self-catered pretty cheap place.

Whether your mum likes it or not, they may allocate you a shared room. I've heard of loads of people who said they didn't want to, but got given one anyway. I'm hoping I get lucky with a single too >.<
Our online application portal is now open for prospective students for the academic year 2012-2013. Please see our webpage for full details about the application process and information about our residences. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation
Reply 5983
Original post by yakuzakitty
Whether your mum likes it or not, they may allocate you a shared room. I've heard of loads of people who said they didn't want to, but got given one anyway. I'm hoping I get lucky with a single too >.<

Aha I see.
I've decided not to apply for accomodation in the end.
I haven't even got a reply from UCL yet anyway. :colondollar:
Original post by Mmrawrr
Aha I see.
I've decided not to apply for accomodation in the end.
I haven't even got a reply from UCL yet anyway. :colondollar:

Ahh fair enough. I'm sure you'll hear back soon!
Original post by UCL Residences
Our online application portal is now open for prospective students for the academic year 2012-2013. Please see our webpage for full details about the application process and information about our residences. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know. Do we have to wait for the physical offer letter to arrive before applying? If so, how long after we receive an offer via UCAS should we expect such a letter to arrive?
Reply 5986

Just tried it and got directed to an error page. :/

The link works for me, but it led me to a page asking me for a userid and password. Below that, it gave me the option of registering to receive a userid and password, but for that it asked for my student number, which is apparently 'quoted on all communications UCL sends you'. Do they just mean my UCAS personal ID? Because that's the only number that's ever appeared on a UCL communication to me...
Original post by mahassociates
The link works for me, but it led me to a page asking me for a userid and password. Below that, it gave me the option of registering to receive a userid and password, but for that it asked for my student number, which is apparently 'quoted on all communications UCL sends you'. Do they just mean my UCAS personal ID? Because that's the only number that's ever appeared on a UCL communication to me...

That's exactly my problem! I signed up with my UCAS personal ID and it seems to have worked, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was right. I hope that hasn't messed everything up...
That's exactly my problem! I signed up with my UCAS personal ID and it seems to have worked, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was right. I hope that hasn't messed everything up...

Can you let me know if everything works fine? Because if it does, then I'll just use my personal ID too...
Can you let me know if everything works fine? Because if it does, then I'll just use my personal ID too...

I'm reluctant to start applying just in case it's wrong, so I'm gonna ring up the accommodation guys tomorrow and see if I can sort it out. I'll let you know what they say :smile:
Is it just me, or is the accommodation soooo overpriced for 2012/2013? (for example, Astor College went up to 134 pw from 119 for the single room)
Reply 5992
Original post by freakonomist
Is it just me, or is the accommodation soooo overpriced for 2012/2013? (for example, Astor College went up to 134 pw from 119 for the single room)

To be fair, it'd be quite difficult to get a single room with a sink and its own fridge (unless the website lies to me :tongue:) within a few minutes' walk of campus, in Central London, for substantially lower than £134 per week. I'm starting to look into places to live next year, and while you don't have to live in a bin when you live out, halls begin to look less overpriced and horrible after all :wink:
Reply 5993
Original post by freakonomist

Where did you find the fees for 2012/2013? I was on the accomodation site but could only find information for 2011/2012...

Aww crud. Looks like I was supposed to sign up using something labelled as "Our reference" on their letter (obviously ¬¬ would help if they called it the same thing as on the web page...). Hoping I can fix this, because it now won't let me sign up using my email twice with two different numbers! This system is diabolical, it's like they're deliberately trying to make things difficult.
Aww crud. Looks like I was supposed to sign up using something labelled as "Our reference" on their letter (obviously ¬¬ would help if they called it the same thing as on the web page...). Hoping I can fix this, because it now won't let me sign up using my email twice with two different numbers! This system is diabolical, it's like they're deliberately trying to make things difficult.

Ahh damn that's annoying. And I can't find anything labeled "our reference" in any email from them and in the offer letter on Track. Did they tell you where it's supposed to be?
Ahh damn that's annoying. And I can't find anything labeled &quot;our reference&quot; in any email from them and in the offer letter on Track. Did they tell you where it's supposed to be?

It'll be on the physical letter they send you with your offer. Mine arrived about a week after I got my offer.

Do tell me if the applications process gets easier or more convoluted after the sign up stage, looks like I might not reach it for a while... ¬¬

EDIT: Just noticed you're from the States. The offer letter might take a while to arrive, in your case...
(edited 12 years ago)
It'll be on the physical letter they send you with your offer. Mine arrived about a week after I got my offer.

Do tell me if the applications process gets easier or more convoluted after the sign up stage, looks like I might not reach it for a while... ¬¬

EDIT: Just noticed you're from the States. The offer letter might take a while to arrive, in your case...

Urgh I did get an offer pack last month...now I just have to find it amongst the heaps in my room. But thanks! Yeah, I'll let you know once I find it. :smile:
Reply 5998
At the moment I'm living in a single room in international hall, which is an intercollegiate hall. I would like to swap to a UCL hall. If anyone is interested please PM me :smile:

Hey, so I found my offer letter and applied yesterday. Had a couple little issues- their password-setting rules are really, really specific- and accidentally started applying for 2011-2012 accommodation :colondollar:, but I cancelled that app and everything worked out fine. I said I wanted catered, so I got to pick 5 intercollegiate preferences. All pretty easy and straightforward!

Latest

Trending

Trending