The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

What price am I looking for if I want a single ensuite? I want to be relatively close to UCL, but I don't want to have to share a room / bathroom... I go to boarding school so I have had enough!! ha
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 6361
Original post by Jasonwarrior
What price am I looking for if I want a single ensuite? I want to be relatively close to UCL, but I don't want to have to share a room / bathroom... I go to boarding school so I have had enough!! ha

I want ensuite too, but it's pretty complicated. Youd pay about 189ppw, maybe a bit more. I think it's way too overprized but i enjoy the intimacy really. The thing is that they all seem to be fairly far from UCL. John Dodgson was just about 10min but it's closed for next year. So there's James Lighthill and FG which are about 20-25 minutes walking, and then Goldsmid which is much further, next to Victoria station.. It's kind of stressing really because it's such an expense for transport every day :frown:
Reply 6362
Original post by Day8
Heya :smile: so should we not expect an 'acknowledgment of the receipt of our applications by email' like they said? or do you know if they just take ages to come through? :smile: thanks

Ah I didn't know if we should expect any type of acknowledgement. But from what I have seen on the other TSR forums and facebook groups nobody seems to have received any email or anything yet.
Reply 6363
we got postcards two years ago lol
Reply 6364
Original post by andrea09
I want ensuite too, but it's pretty complicated. Youd pay about 189ppw, maybe a bit more. I think it's way too overprized but i enjoy the intimacy really. The thing is that they all seem to be fairly far from UCL. John Dodgson was just about 10min but it's closed for next year. So there's James Lighthill and FG which are about 20-25 minutes walking, and then Goldsmid which is much further, next to Victoria station.. It's kind of stressing really because it's such an expense for transport every day :frown:

There are loads of self-catered accomm much closer to ucl. Don't aplpy for Goldsmid. The one's around Kings X aren't too far to walk. Or cycle. If you're happy to give up en-suite then there are loads more much nearer such as Arthur Tatt, Campbell House plus a few others. There's Ian Baker which has some en-suites too and that's 5 minutes from UCL.
a 20-25 minute walk isn't that bad! Anymore though... and I think I'd reconsider.

Which places would you recommend for ensuite + Single room nearish to UCL which still has a friendly vibe.?
Reply 6366
Original post by Evie94
Ah I didn't know if we should expect any type of acknowledgement. But from what I have seen on the other TSR forums and facebook groups nobody seems to have received any email or anything yet.

Ah that's good then :smile: thanks
And when is the deadline to apply?
I'm a bit confused with the bit on the application form thats asks about whether you've lived or studied in London in higher education.

I live in london so should i answer yes for "have you previously lived in london' and no for " have you previously lived in london whilst studying in higher education?"?
Hey everyone, has anyone who redid their accommodation application find that they didn't have to put their photo up again? I don't want to ring up and ask AGAIN but I'm kinda worried about it....
Reply 6370
Anyone know what i should put for my preference if i wanted to go to Ramsey? I'm guessing proximity or catered?
Reply 6371
Original post by Trewq93
Anyone know what i should put for my preference if i wanted to go to Ramsey? I'm guessing proximity or catered?

I would go for catered; if you put UCL halls as your priority as well (I assume there is a question about it), theoretically you have a 1/2 chance of getting Ramsay (Ifor is the other one that's catered). Proximity allows them to choose from a greater variety of halls, thereby reducing your chances. I ticked catered and got Ramsay at least :smile:
Reply 6372
Original post by Trewq93

I've got friends that wrote, "please put me in ramsey" on the form and got in. But yeah put proximity and catered.

en-suite accommodation is a rip off and there isn't really that much choice close to UCL, you'd be better off just going self-catered and proximity, an en-suite is handy but doesn't really make much of a difference because you're only usually sharing a bathroom with a few people. In 2nd and 3rd year when you move into rented flats or houses you'll be sharing a bathroom.

Nearly all single rooms have wash basins in anyway.
Reply 6373
How much are internet fees usually?
How much are internet fees usually?

You don't pay any in UCL halls :smile: it comes with the normal weekly rate.
Reply 6375
Original post by dirtyoldriver
You don't pay any in UCL halls :smile: it comes with the normal weekly rate.

Sweet! :tongue: all residences have it?
Reply 6376
Sweet! :tongue: all residences have it?

Yes.

Which hall do you want to go to? I'm going to Frances Gardner :biggrin:
Reply 6377
Original post by sexbo
Yes.

Which hall do you want to go to? I'm going to Frances Gardner :biggrin:

I'd like ensuite (my parents insisted) so im hoping for James Lighthill or Frances Gardner rather than Goldsmid because of relative proximity, and less travel expenses. However, if i was given standard accommodation I would probably want Schafer :smile:

Out of curiosity, how do you/ will you go to UCL? Is it a lot to walk from there or is it alright?
Reply 6378
Schafer is pretty decent, had a really social feel to it last year. Frances Gardner is a fair walk, some people cycle but most walk it.
how's the food in college hall?

Latest

Trending

Trending