The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University exams - what are they like?

Hiya!
I'm starting a BSc Biology degree at the Uni of Surrey in September (if I get the grades - fingers crossed!) and I'm wondering if any current students could tell me what are the exams like? Are they similar to A - levels in that there is a specification to revise from and a mixture of long and short answer questions? Or is it purely essay work? Does the uni provide past papers to practice? Do you have an exam for every module you take?

Thankyou!
Original post by rm715
Hiya!
I'm starting a BSc Biology degree at the Uni of Surrey in September (if I get the grades - fingers crossed!) and I'm wondering if any current students could tell me what are the exams like? Are they similar to A - levels in that there is a specification to revise from and a mixture of long and short answer questions? Or is it purely essay work? Does the uni provide past papers to practice? Do you have an exam for every module you take?

Thankyou!

Hi @rm715,

I'm afraid that I can't give you any advice regarding the first part of your question as my degree was assessed purely by coursework - hopefully some of our current students will be able to help you with this! Regarding which modules require you to do an exam, you can see a full list of the modules available on the BSc Biology programme here - just click into the 'Programme Details' tab and then scroll down to the 'Modules' section. If you click on the module name (written in blue), you'll be taken to a page describing that module and there will be a section in that which is titled 'Assessment Pattern'. This is what tells you how the module is assessed (coursework, exam or practical) :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending