The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tl0269y
yes for sure im going to apply but can you assure me they wont get shut down

They accept everyone wtf is wrong with you
Reply 21
i kno they accept everyone im just really paranoid that when i get it it might be shut. so it wont be your saying? i sorry im just really paranoid
Original post by tl0269y
i kno they accept everyone im just really paranoid that when i get it it might be shut. so it wont be your saying? i sorry im just really paranoid

Only way you’ll know for sure is to apply and find out if you’ve been accepted. Nobody here can give you a guarantee.
LISTEN i was in a even worth position and to all those people saying you cant get the marker removed needs to be quiet. If it is a bank that puts up the marker then they are the same one that has to remove and the only way going about this is making a complaint to why that marker shouldnt be there however you would have to convince them you are not the fraudster even if you are but banks takes complaints serious and will act on it when i had those markers it was two first party fraud and no banks was accepting me until i applied for a santander basic account over the phone at first i got a letter saying i wasnt accepted however about 2 weeks later i got a email saying my cards are on their way and they came and they was working also apart from basic account you can get online accounts like
Pockit
U
Monzo
And many more so stop letting other people make it out like your life is over and you'll never have a bank again cause when this country falls in dept and banks cant pay people their money (Brexit) then no one will have a bank account anyway but anways the quickest option is pockit you just pay 99p and it gets sent to you in 2 days quick 2minute process no hassle and no credit check. The U account is also guaranteed you'll be accepted theres no credit checks they welcome people with cifas markers however i think it takes like 2 weeks for your card to come but it should be quicker if they dont ask for ID verfication also i've never tried monzo personally myself but i've read about other people with first party fraud that still get accepted for it also remeber to check account limits cause for U account you can have £10,000 on your card and nothing over that but only £3000 and something can go onto your card at one time. Hope this helps cause when i was going through it other people comment where no help at all no offence.
hello Please message me on private. I am so depressed over this cifas marker
Try monzo bank
Original post by kashaun777
LISTEN i was in a even worth position and to all those people saying you cant get the marker removed needs to be quiet. If it is a bank that puts up the marker then they are the same one that has to remove and the only way going about this is making a complaint to why that marker shouldnt be there however you would have to convince them you are not the fraudster even if you are but banks takes complaints serious and will act on it when i had those markers it was two first party fraud and no banks was accepting me until i applied for a santander basic account over the phone at first i got a letter saying i wasnt accepted however about 2 weeks later i got a email saying my cards are on their way and they came and they was working also apart from basic account you can get online accounts like
Pockit
U
Monzo
And many more so stop letting other people make it out like your life is over and you'll never have a bank again cause when this country falls in dept and banks cant pay people their money (Brexit) then no one will have a bank account anyway but anways the quickest option is pockit you just pay 99p and it gets sent to you in 2 days quick 2minute process no hassle and no credit check. The U account is also guaranteed you'll be accepted theres no credit checks they welcome people with cifas markers however i think it takes like 2 weeks for your card to come but it should be quicker if they dont ask for ID verfication also i've never tried monzo personally myself but i've read about other people with first party fraud that still get accepted for it also remeber to check account limits cause for U account you can have £10,000 on your card and nothing over that but only £3000 and something can go onto your card at one time. Hope this helps cause when i was going through it other people comment where no help at all no offence.

Hiya dont know if ur still active
just wanted to know if these accounts are still working ??
In the same position
Please dont bump year old threads
Reply 28
Hey I got rejected by monzo, apparently they work with cifas now any suggestions? I really need a bank account for uni
Hey same im first year uni 2 weeks in and im going through this my account is being closed in 30days with santander im looking to apply to monzo i think they help you out if you phone them and all the other banks online cash plus cardone pockit, ever since this has happened its de motivating me as if this marker stays for 6 years it effects my future job of being an accountant as the financial sector do checks if anyone can also help it would be great i havent comitted frud my card was lost and passoprt and details but this was 5 /years ago and something happened then but the bank told me on call and i said im unaware thats all thats happened which was 5 6 years ago so im not sure maybe its a transaction i did from my account to another account as i dont transfer money and i transferred a large amount straight after i recived my student finance once i made the payment my santander account was blocked next day and was told cifas is looking into it and my account will be closing in 30days
Reply 30
Hi I'm also going through the same situation as you guys right now. I have tried applying with Monzo yesterday morning but they refused me because of the marker on my name with cifas. I'm now struggling to get a bank account, as I will be starting an apprenticeship in a few days, so I will need an account. I'm literally stressing and losing my patience over this, my life has been turned upside down. Any suggestions??
Yes Monzo and Monese rejected me! One stupid mistake I made 4 years ago ... still paying the price!
Same with me.Easy way to deal with it.Name change deed poll, free to do online.Passport change, £75.Register for Starling or Monzo with new passport and use friend's / relative's address as the one you fill in.Worked for me.To not be linked, never provide your National Insurance Number to anyone, do NOT register for the electoral roll UNLESS you do it over the phone and with the address linked to the bank.Wait 30 or so days you will have a brand new credit rating, name new, new banks.
Hi guys, just a few days ago my Monzo account was shut due to fraudulent activity well I think that is the reason as the bank has refused to tell me. I rarely used the card but on Thursday, when I signed in I saw that about 1.5 k had been moved in and out of my account so I panicked and tried to close account.
I was contacted by staff and explained to them that I didn’t recognise any of the payments at 1st they said they would send out replacement card but later that evening closed the account immediately.

I am panicking as I didn’t give anyone my details and when looking for the stupid card yesterday couldn’t find it so reported as missing.
I reported it to Action Fraud
Sent an enquiry to Cifas and Odsumsan.

I am not sure what to do - I have a tsb and Lloyds account and scared that those will be closed - although I called Lloyds and they said that as it is a separate bank there shouldn’t be a problem.

When talking to my mate she was like has anyone seen ur pin and I was like no but I have it saved on my notes
I am 19 and applying for Uni does anyone know what I should do to get fianance and maintenance loan?
Original post by itcrally124
im going in to second year but have no bank account just been refused a basic account by hsbc i had all the id so wondering if ive got a cifas marker not sure why but natwest shut my bank account down . If i dont sort it ill have to quit uni as i cant live without my loan and need a bank account to get paid into anyone else has similar situation please help

I had this exact same problem, i've just started uni. I had to get my mom to open a bank account in her name and to let me use it and the card. that's the only option i think. Or to try and open a Monzo bank account or a prepaid card visa account.
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya dont know if ur still active
just wanted to know if these accounts are still working ??
In the same position

I had this exact same problem, i've just started uni. I had to get my mom to open a bank account in her name and to let me use it and the card. that's the only option i think. Or to try and open a Monzo bank account or a prepaid card visa account.

How do you get student finance and maintenance loan?
How do you get student finance and maintenance loan?

My student finance and maintenance loan was put into the new bank account that my mom had opened for me. On student finance, all you need to do is put a sort code and an account number, they don’t check the name on the bank account.
Hi guys, just a few days ago my Monzo account was shut due to fraudulent activity well I think that is the reason as the bank has refused to tell me. I rarely used the card but on Thursday, when I signed in I saw that about 1.5 k had been moved in and out of my account so I panicked and tried to close account.
I was contacted by staff and explained to them that I didn’t recognise any of the payments at 1st they said they would send out replacement card but later that evening closed the account immediately.

I am panicking as I didn’t give anyone my details and when looking for the stupid card yesterday couldn’t find it so reported as missing.

I am not sure what to do - I have a tsb and Lloyds account and scared that those will be closed - although I called Lloyds and they said that as it is a separate bank there shouldn’t be a problem.

When talking to my mate she was like has anyone seen ur pin and I was like no but I have it saved on my notes
I am 19 and applying for Uni does anyone know what I should do to get fianance and maintenance loan?

Try revolut online bank

Actually hang on, you seem to have 2 current accounts anyway so you’ll be fine. You’ll have problems if you decide to open a new account but I doubt you will need to since you have a tsb and Lloyds one
My student finance and maintenance loan was put into the new bank account that my mom had opened for me. On student finance, all you need to do is put a sort code and an account number, they don’t check the name on the bank account.

This might sound dumb but is the account in yours or her name as I heard the account has to be in your name

Latest

Trending

Trending