The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Actually hang on, you seem to have 2 current accounts anyway so you’ll be fine. You’ll have problems if you decide to open a new account but I doubt you will need to since you have a tsb and Lloyds one

Thanks for replying, I am just worried that in a few months they will close them. Do you think I should check to see if I have a marker or wait?
Try revolut online bank

Ok thanks do you know if I can get both student finance and maintenance loan payed into it.
This might sound dumb but is the account in yours or her name as I heard the account has to be in your name

The account is in her name, on the bank card it says her name. you can literally connect any card to your student finance, they dont do a verification check thats why if you were to accidently put a wrong sort code or even mess up one digit on the account number, it will end up going to someone elses account .
Thanks for replying, I am just worried that in a few months they will close them. Do you think I should check to see if I have a marker or wait?

Just try and forget about it. Lloyds and tbs won’t shut your account down unless they decide to do a background check but they won’t randomly do a check unless you cause them to by doing suspicious things with your bank which I doubt you will
Ok thanks do you know if I can get both student finance and maintenance loan payed into it.

Yup, you can get maintainance loan paid into any bank with an account number and sort code

(1) If you have any suspicion at all that you have a Cifas marker, then submit a Data Subject Access Request to Cifas. Instructions are here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/subject-access-request It's probably better to know for certain that to simply be guessing.

(2) A bank is likely to close your account if they discover you have a Cifas marker. Therefore you need to make sure that you don't do anything that would prompt them to run a check. Effectively this would mean don't do anything that would cause them to do a credit check (as they may well do a Cifas check at the same time). So don't apply for an overdraft, don't apply for a change to an existing overdraft facility. Don't apply to open a new account (even a savings account) at that bank.

There is, of course, the possibility that your bank periodically runs checks even without having a particular reason to do so.
I had this exact same problem, i've just started uni. I had to get my mom to open a bank account in her name and to let me use it and the card.

The bank will take a very dim view of this if/when they find out. They'll almost certainly close the account, and very likely will register a Cifas marker against your mother.

Latest

Trending

Trending