The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Is Buckingham a good choice for Medicine?

I have a seat in RCSI (dublin) for medicine and I have paid for everything and I was about to go, but then I remembered Buckingham... Is this a good choice for medicine? will i be able to enter FY1 and FY2? will i be respected? is this a good place that educates future doctors to the max? please help. im running out of time.
Original post by ContentNobody
I have a seat in RCSI (dublin) for medicine and I have paid for everything and I was about to go, but then I remembered Buckingham... Is this a good choice for medicine? will i be able to enter FY1 and FY2? will i be respected? is this a good place that educates future doctors to the max? please help. im running out of time.

I would go to RCSI if you already paid and are accepted to go there. If you don't have a place in Buckingham already, don't give up a medicine spot to try to get another one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Really, just go to RCSI. It is one of the best in Ireland, whereas Buckingham isn’t at the top of the list at all in the uk. Also Buckingham costs you 40 thousands per year, and I don’t think what they teach is worth that absolute crazy amount of money.. hope you make the best decision for yourself tho
Original post by annacorriero
Really, just go to RCSI. It is one of the best in Ireland, whereas Buckingham isn’t at the top of the list at all in the uk. Also Buckingham costs you 40 thousands per year, and I don’t think what they teach is worth that absolute crazy amount of money.. hope you make the best decision for yourself tho

RCSI is costing me 54,000 euros per year! YIKES! I feel shite for taking my parents money. Keep in mind, RCSI med for me is 6 years. Do you have experience with Buckingham? you said what they teach is not worth it. can you expand on your points?
Sorry, I thought you were a EU or UK student. I was just making a comment on the fact that on the league table Buckingham isn’t that high, but then the costs of living in Dublin are craaazy. Maybe try ring Buckingham today, they might have places for Jan 2019.. wish you the best
RCSI is costing me 54,000 euros per year! YIKES! I feel shite for taking my parents money. Keep in mind, RCSI med for me is 6 years. Do you have experience with Buckingham? you said what they teach is not worth it. can you expand on your points?
Original post by wolfmoon88
I would go to RCSI if you already paid and are accepted to go there. If you don't have a place in Buckingham already, don't give up a medicine spot to try to get another one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ireland doesn't offer internships for international students, over the past months we have heard its impossible to work there. so, we have to change gears. Buckingham is only 4.5 years, RCSI is 6 years. My parents are VERY VERY VERY worried about unemployment as Ireland only accepts irish locals to enter the clinical internships, then EU, then canadian/american, THEN international. im so lost. Im thinking about my future, in terms of work. What should i do? should i just risk it and go to RCSI? My heart is telling me Ireland, Dublin. but idk why. maybe im biased.
Ireland doesn't offer internships for international students, over the past months we have heard its impossible to work there. so, we have to change gears. Buckingham is only 4.5 years, RCSI is 6 years. My parents are VERY VERY VERY worried about unemployment as Ireland only accepts irish locals to enter the clinical internships, then EU, then canadian/american, THEN international. im so lost. Im thinking about my future, in terms of work. What should i do? should i just risk it and go to RCSI? My heart is telling me Ireland, Dublin. but idk why. maybe im biased.

Do you have an offer from Buckingham? Do you have a backup plan if RCSI and Buckingham fell through?
Do you have an offer from Buckingham? Do you have a backup plan if RCSI and Buckingham fell through?

I havent applied for buckingham yet, and no i have no plan B. just RCSI
I havent applied for buckingham yet, and no i have no plan B. just RCSI

maybe look at a couple of med schools in mainland europe? internships are an issue :/ unfortunately I don't know much about the Irish medicine scene
maybe look at a couple of med schools in mainland europe? internships are an issue :/ unfortunately I don't know much about the Irish medicine scene

been there done that. no way am i going to europe. guess i'll go to Dublin unless my parents force me to go to buckingham.
Reply 10
Make sure if you want buckingham you apply soon- the deadline to apply is 30 or 31/08 (double check on website)
Reply 11

I would definitely not use this university. Go to Dublin you will get a better results this university is about money and only money . lots of discriminations and unfair treatment to certain students. They re cycle questions to put certain student at advantage and GMC allow this type of conduct knowing certain students are cheating. Absolutely shocking how they operate as private no one monitoring them, rules are made up as they go along and right does not know what the left is doing absolute shambles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending