The Student Room Group

external examiners

Has anyone had an external examiner do their speaking exam before? I was supposed to have my French teacher do my oral but now she's ill so we have to have an external one. I'm so nervous! I hate orals at the best of times but I thought at least it would be with someone I know and am used to talking with! Do they try and make it difficult or take the hint if they see you struggling with something so they change the subject? Argh, I'm so nervous!
Reply 1
Yes last year, and we will have one this year.

Our one was alright, apart from when she cut me off when I was making a valid point. Gash :p:

Most of the time they do take the hint if you're not doing well though and prompt you or add clues...
Reply 2
Had one last year, and I've got the same person this year too! Don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: You may find you'll perform even better as you'll never (not in my case it seems! :p:) see them again, so you'll just go for it :wink:
Reply 3
Had external examiners last year for French and German. I found my German one was particuaraly good- he really tried to put me at ease and seemed happy enough to let me ramble!

But I think they will take the hint if you're struggling as its not fun for them to sit there listening to someone struggle!
Reply 4
Change of plan - my teacher is now better and hadn't contacted the exam board yet so we're still having her :smile: Thank God! Still as nervous as anything though.
had an external exmainer today for french A2 speaking exam

it was a first for me....

Latest

Trending

Trending