The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bath, LSOP, UEA, Portsmouth these unis are really good for Pharmacy, and Keele, Reading are good as well but the course is new.

Bath cos its the best for pharmacy
LSOP is good but its small and in london which is very expensive
UEA rank really highly in uni league tables
Portsmouth score 24/24 for pharmacy

Keele and Reading cos they have a good uni reputaion but i don't know that much about their pharmacy
Reply 2
you can also go on this site http://www.thegooduniversityguide.org.uk/single.htm?ipg=6643
it places Strathclyde quite highly :smile:
wat r ure predicted grades?
Theyre AAA but i know i can only get AAB.why u ask?
Reply 5
Honestly, Bath, LSOP and kings.

Bath is the best academically, but its small town...I didn't like it
LSOP and kings are both as good as each other, LSOP probably a little better...so it up to you to decide between the two if you do end up deciding between them.
Are Bath and LSOP in Xtra then? Wow ...

Aston uni might be quite small but it's in Birmingham city centre so you've got a big city to play in and there'll be students from Birmingham Uni and whatever the new name for UCE is.
Reply 7
what about the university of manchester for pharmacy? didnt it score 24/24 too?
Reply 8
Kim90
what about the university of manchester for pharmacy? didnt it score 24/24 too?

Manchester doesn't have places
Reply 9
whts rong with uni of hertfordshire?..go ther if yah want to
Reply 10
As hertfordshire is not accredited yet, we don't really know how good it is. But DDD99wouldn't u rather go to a uni that has had a good pharmacy course running for a long time, e.g. LSOP than a uni that is still not accredited and from what I have heard not the best school of pharmacy. In addition, if the royal society does not accredit them, ur 3 or 4 years of studying r worthless. So there is ur reason!
LSOP is a very good for pharmacy, I'm not sure but I hightly doubt it will be in extra.
I'm sure that LSOP is accredited by RPSGB as it's been running for a loooong time, right?
Reply 12
LSOP is in extra
Reply 13
i dont realli think its about accreditation or how long the course has been running for. If you go there and have a look and talk to the people who are doin the course, they are the ones who will tell you the exact facts.
But yah petzneo..u r right to a certain extent...
if the people who are doing pharmacy at herts tell me that they are having an amazing
time over here and everything is top class!...then y shouldn't i put that down as well...
Reply 14
DDD99
i dont realli think its about accreditation or how long the course has been running for. If you go there and have a look and talk to the people who are doin the course, they are the ones who will tell you the exact facts.
But yah petzneo..u r right to a certain extent...
if the people who are doing pharmacy at herts tell me that they are having an amazing
time over here and everything is top class!...then y shouldn't i put that down as well...

but there isn't time left to go round to see all the unis, places are filling up fast

Herts might be good but the op may want to go to a high ranking uni or one already established???
Reply 15
Hmmm, if you already been rejected by 4 med uni, I wouldn't exactly want to apply for a uni that I am unsure about...you woudln't want to take the risk

But once again honestly go for unis with good reputation, as if you do want to apply for grad entry, you need a 2:1 minimum and so going to a good uni will help. Dats what I'm doing! ;-)
Reply 16
Remember if you apply for a university in Extra, phone them up before you decline your current offers. Because some universities sometimes forget to remove their universities from the Extra listings after places have been filled up.

I'm saying this because you don't want to decline your offers and find out they don't even have spaces left.
I hear bath is a tad too small aswell> is this true?

Also just like to point out im not the richest of characters and so have eliminated all london uni's.althhough i would like to study in the wonderful capital, the mere thought of having to pay back vast sums (40/50K) are a total off-put.
anyone got an offer from bath of BBB/ just asking for BB in chem and bio?
Reply 19
work_til_failure
I hear bath is a tad too small aswell> is this true?

Also just like to point out im not the richest of characters and so have eliminated all london uni's.althhough i would like to study in the wonderful capital, the mere thought of having to pay back vast sums (40/50K) are a total off-put.

yeah you're right Bath is small and London is way too expensive :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending