The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nosnibor
Haha, love it that you know the exact date! I plan to buy a lot of umbrellas and coats to deal with the weather...

i live here and have done for my entire life

you get used to it

and unberellas dont work in edinburgh - theres too much wind, you need a hood instead
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
What is the price for a football match ticket ?
sharkytt
What is the price for a football match ticket ?

For which club?
Reply 43
Hibs and Hearts :smile: I have decided that at least I should attend the derbies Celtic - Rangers and Hibs vs Hearts.
sharkytt
And I will have to go back to Bulgaria to ski :biggrin:

Or get the bus out to the Edinburgh ski centre. It's a dry slope though. Otherwise there is sometimes enough snow that the ski resorts in the Cairngorms open.
Well, if it's really the big guns you want, just Google the clubs- ticket prices will be on the website. But be aware that tickets for the derby games are much harder to come by (especially the Glasgow derby).
FTC199
i live here and have done for my entire life

you get used to it

and unberellas dont work in edinburgh - theres too much wind, you need a hood instead

Yes, Edinburgh is definitely the windy city. Plus, around George Sq. it is particularly bad, due to tunneling and vortexing of the wind from the towers. Enjoy!

The weather can actually be quite nice sometimes, though. The meadows at summer-time is a delight.
yossarianlives
Yes, Edinburgh is definitely the windy city. Plus, around George Sq. it is particularly bad, due to tunneling and vortexing of the wind from the towers. Enjoy!

The weather can actually be quite nice sometimes, though. The meadows at summer-time is a delight.

Haha- I love how people here always think that. I don't think the wind here is anything- mainly because we get the brunt of every storm that hits Scotland up where I'm from.
michaelnicholson88
Haha- I love how people here always think that. I don't think the wind here is anything- mainly because we get the brunt of every storm that hits Scotland up where I'm from.

That may be so but there is wind in Edinburgh pretty much every day, it may not be strong but it is still windy.
Reply 49
yossarianlives

yeh and princess street gardens are really good too, and so many other places if im honest
Reply 50
Just firmed Edinburgh...Economics & Accounting...it was my lowest offer so I'm either going to Edinburgh or nowhere :p:
booms
Just firmed Edinburgh...Economics & Accounting...it was my lowest offer so I'm either going to Edinburgh or nowhere :p:

Same for me! Just out of interest, where else did you apply?
I want to be in the meadows today, argh!
Me too!! Instead, I'll be spending the day next to the Meadows, in the library. Fun times.
yossarianlives
I want to be in the meadows today, argh!

The meadows is covered in bodies... you want to be one of them?
Get ice cream from Peter's Yard instead! Delicious!
Reply 56
Edinburgh is my firm! :biggrin:
Reply 57
The_pink_burglar
Same for me! Just out of interest, where else did you apply?

I applied to LSE, St.Andrews, UCL and Warwick ...Edinburgh is my dream tho :smile: Wat about u?
Cambridge (but rejected) warwick, durham and exeter. I thought durham was amazing too, but I just fell in love with edinburgh. I hope I've made the right choice, because my mum isn't very enthusiastic about it =/
But your mum isn't the one going to uni is she?

It's about where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life, and if you prefer one place above the others, go for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending