The Student Room Group

Why does everyone hate Jack Wills!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
the thing about jack wills is that it is a bit cliqueish, but i don't think that's why people dislike it, it's that they say i got a hoody that was £70 or whatever, and you just think 'mate seriously? you're spending £70 on a hoody, you must be insane, do you know how many pints and tequila slammers that could buy? you need to get your priorities in order' i think what i'm trying to say is that it can seem illogical to buy that sort of thing at that sort of price, it just doesn't make sense
i used to go down to salcombe in devon a lot, which is like jack will's homeland or something. all the 'rah' girls down there in their tracksuit bottoms with 'jack wills' printed across their backsides like a farming stamp, tucked into their ugg boots (what?!) with a matching tshirt and pashmina. in the middle of summer. the reason i dislike jack wills is because of the individuals who choose to wear it...
Reply 142
It's a little ironic that a self-proclaimed 'university outfitters' should be the preserve of sixth-formers, and possibly the occasional recalcitrant first year student.
Original post by anna_spanner89
It IS expensive, i meant..wtf £29 for a t-shirt, no thanks...

AND it only goes to a size 14..

AND, it seems like the clothes emma watson wears, and she is my mortal enemy..

but she's sooo peng! :love:
I do like Jack Wills, as it is quite a nice brand, and the clothes are quite nice, but it is really pretentious, attracting a lot of sixth form students hoping to look exclusive and wealthy looking.
I also don't like it because, I'm a very average 5"9' and quite broad, so unfortunately I look a bit **** in the clothes made for the slim, 6 footers.
It's also quite isolating I think as someone said earlier the sizes only go up to 14 for girls, but I was looking at guys' trousers, and couldn't see any short sizes. Only 28 to 36 regular and large (luckily I'm a regular, but for shorter lads, it must be a real put off?)
If im honest i don't really have a problem with it. I own some clothes from Jack Wills, just like i own clothes from both Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch and other designers. I like the quality of the products and some of the clothes look really nice. I don't see why people have such a problem with the price. Yes it's expensive but you wouldn't complain really complain at something by Ralph Lauren or Lacoste ect (which cost alot more).. It's just that those brands have had time to establish them selves and have the history, once Jack Wills has been around for a while people will get used to the price.
Reply 146
I've never understood buying something for the name of the brand.

I never look at somebody and think 'Oh! That's from that store" or "That's made by that designer". Honestly, I don't care. I wear clothes because I like them, not for a name.
Reply 147
because it's over-priced and over-worn, 90% of the girls in my school wear it from head to toe.

it's not special, it's just a t-shirt with 'JW' on it...

i do not understand the hype!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 148
You all think Jack Wills is about fashion. It's not. It's about property.

Look at the profile of their stores - none of them in shopping centres, and all acquired for a song during the commercial property downturn.

The old Upper Street indoor market, Covent Garden, Carnaby Street, Kings Road, Northcote Road - the clothes are just a front - but if people will pay for them, so much the better.

Quick Reply

Latest