Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maloka_30
Hi everyone,
I got my results and I got
Spanish/art =6
Chemistry/eng lit/maths=4
Physics/biology/eng Lang=3
Russian=9
I really want to get into medicine but I had so many problems at school which affected my studying especially with sciences and maths
So I decided to resit this year but I was only allowed to resit 4 subjects which are chemistry, biology,eng Lang and maths
I'm sure I'll get high grades like 7-9 in them
And my teacher said if I get high grade I'll be able to do the Alevels I want which are chemistry biology and maths and I'll be able to get into university however I'm sacred that medicine universities won't accept resits and also I can't resit physics because they don't do it at the school I applied for so will that be a problem to my application even if I get high GCSEs and A-level grades ?

As a person who is also considering medicine I think that you need to resit.( it is more of a must really)When they ask for your igcse results they will use your resit grade.However, do you really really want to do medicine ?
(edited 8 months ago)
I am really not trying to discourage you but your grades can be a deciding factor in competive courses like medicine. Since your grades in science are not ideal , I think that it is going to hinder your chances.
Reply 3
Original post by Agh I hate names
As a person who is also considering medicine I think that you need to resit.( it is more of a must really)When they ask for your igcse results they will use your resit grade.However, do you really really want to do medicine ?

I'm already resiting the 4 subjects I said but do you I have to resit physics as well?
Yes I really really really want to do medicine even though I could be anything else but that's my true dream and why I picked to resit instead of choosing other Alevels.
I

I'm already resiting the 4 subjects I said but do you I have to resit physics as well?
Yes I really really really want to do medicine even though I could be anything else but that's my true dream and why I picked to resit instead of choosing other Alevels.

I think you should resit physics also, it is necessary to have a elementary level understanding of physics
Reply 5
I am really not trying to discourage you but your grades can be a deciding factor in competive courses like medicine. Since your grades in science are not ideal , I think that it is going to hinder your chances.

So even if I resit and get high grade will it still going to hinder my chances?
So even if I resit and get high grade will it still going to hinder my chances?

Yes, unfortunately. They will know that you are resitting.It is a sad situation because our world does not really tolerate 2nd chances.If they place you with another candidate they will likely chose the one who does not have to resit
Reply 7
Yes, unfortunately. They will know that you are resitting.It is a sad situation because our world does not really tolerate 2nd chances.If they place you with another candidate they will likely chose the one who does not have to resit

Oh it's okay I'll try my best even if they don't accept me I just wanna make sure that I did the best so I don't blame my self for failing.
Thank you so much
Oh it's okay I'll try my best even if they don't accept me I just wanna make sure that I did the best so I don't blame my self for failing.
Thank you so much

No problem 😉.Well if you need help in science and maths I will be willing to help! I am willing to support someone who is willing to improve.I got A and A* in all science and maths so I think I will be able to help if you would like.
Hi everyone,
I got my results and I got
Spanish/art =6
Chemistry/eng lit/maths=4
Physics/biology/eng Lang=3
Russian=9
I really want to get into medicine but I had so many problems at school which affected my studying especially with sciences and maths
So I decided to resit this year but I was only allowed to resit 4 subjects which are chemistry, biology,eng Lang and maths
I'm sure I'll get high grades like 7-9 in them
And my teacher said if I get high grade I'll be able to do the Alevels I want which are chemistry biology and maths and I'll be able to get into university however I'm sacred that medicine universities won't accept resits and also I can't resit physics because they don't do it at the school I applied for so will that be a problem to my application even if I get high GCSEs and A-level grades ?

I know it’s not really my place to ask but why 4 subjects? Like why do they limit you ?
Reply 10
No problem 😉.Well if you need help in science and maths I will be willing to help! I am willing to support someone who is willing to improve.I got A and A* in all science and maths so I think I will be able to help if you would like.

Thank you so much✨
Do you recommend any resources that can help me with revising
Reply 11
I know it’s not really my place to ask but why 4 subjects? Like why do they limit you ?

So where I live no school or college does GCSE resits but I found this sixth form which they only have like limited subjects that I could choose to resit and physics wasn't in that list so ..
But I'll have a private tutor this year and if I have enough money I'll try to pay and resit physics 😅
Reply 12

So where I live no school or college does GCSE resits but I found this sixth form which they only have like limited subjects that I could choose to resit and physics wasn't in that list so ..
But I'll have a private tutor this year and if I have enough money I'll try to pay and resit physics
Thank you so much✨
Do you recommend any resources that can help me with revising

I use the CGP books.There is also physics and math tutor that I used for physics ( I don’t know why it only helped me with physics , maybe it’s different for you).Maths I just did a bunch of past papers and isolated the topics that I made the most mistakes on and practice them a lot. The night before the exam, I read all the books cover to cover and slept.Sleep is very important.( I regret not reading cover to cover for physics, didn’t score as well)
Reply 14
I use the CGP books.There is also physics and math tutor that I used for physics ( I don’t know why it only helped me with physics , maybe it’s different for you).Maths I just did a bunch of past papers and isolated the topics that I made the most mistakes on and practice them a lot. The night before the exam, I read all the books cover to cover and slept.Sleep is very important.( I regret not reading cover to cover for physics, didn’t score as well)

I'll try this I hope I get good results this time
Thank you ✨💫🤍

There is a package that my school made with separated topic question ( it’s quite useful)but I don’t think I can link it here. Do you have a gmail or social media account where I can give it to you
I'll try this I hope I get good results this time
Thank you ✨💫🤍

Good luck mate! If we achieve our goal of going to med school then that will be amazing
My insta is angel06.a

Can’t find it. What is the pfp
Reply 18
Good luck mate! If we achieve our goal of going to med school then that will be amazing

Good luck 💫 yeah ofc do you mind if I ask what year are studying now?
Good luck 💫 yeah ofc do you mind if I ask what year are studying now?

Well I am going to y12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending