The Student Room Group

Nomura First Step 2019

Scroll to see replies

I finished Nomura's OT on 12th Nov. Didn't hear anything from them yet.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lacus24
I finished Nomura's OT on 12th Nov. Didn't hear anything from them yet.

I assume you're applying to a graduate program since there is no online test require to the Sixth Form program. Yet, do you know if they send decisions on a rolling basis?
Original post by akerlofnash
I assume you're applying to a graduate program since there is no online test require to the Sixth Form program. Yet, do you know if they send decisions on a rolling basis?

I think it depends on the position you applied, position that has rolling basis usually doesn’t have a certain deadline. But the grad scheme I applied closed in Nov last year and there is no sign of re-opening. I bet it is very competitive and they are still screening candidates. If your position is still opening and doesn’t have a clear deadline or already opened for a long time, then it is quite possible that it has a rolling basis.
(edited 5 years ago)
Anyone has heard back from Nomura?
Nope, have you?

I emailed the recruitment team earlier, they said my application is still under reviewing.
Original post by Lacus24
I emailed the recruitment team earlier, they said my application is still under reviewing.

When did you apply? I'm afraid they have already filled all places with early applicants.
When did you apply? I'm afraid they have already filled all places with early applicants.

I applied for the investment banking analyst in Nov last year.
Original post by Lacus24
I applied for the investment banking analyst in Nov last year.

This thread is about a program for sixth form students, so it is just an insight day. The recruitment process for this program may differ from the one you have applied, but based on your experience they don't seem to send decisions on a rolling basis.
This thread is about a program for sixth form students, so it is just an insight day. The recruitment process for this program may differ from the one you have applied, but based on your experience they don't seem to send decisions on a rolling basis.

Yeah I know, cannot find other thread for the graduate program. Hopefully it is like you said, it is not a rolling basis.
Have you got an offer for your application?
Original post by Lacus24
Yeah I know, cannot find other thread for the graduate program. Hopefully it is like you said, it is not a rolling basis.
Have you got an offer for your application?

No, just say “Applicantion under review” on the online portal.
Hey did anyone get in? I received my offer email yesterday, Im quite suprised i got in as I made one or two grammatical mistakes in my answers.

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CraigBackner
Hey did anyone get in? I received my offer email yesterday, Im quite suprised i got in as I made one or two grammatical mistakes in my answers.

Congratulations my friend! I haven’t received anything yet, but given that you heard back yesterday they must get back to the other applicants in the next days. When did you apply?
Congratulations my friend! I haven’t received anything yet, but given that you heard back yesterday they must get back to the other applicants in the next days. When did you apply?

i applied 29th December, which is quite late as the deadline was early January, i think the 5th to be precise
The deadline was 13th January as I applied on the 11th. If you don’t mind, what time did you receive the offer email?
The deadline was 13th January as I applied on the 11th. If you don’t mind, what time did you receive the offer email?

8:53pm
My application says “being reviewed by the business”

Do u reckon that if I havent been made an offer yet it means rejection or are they just slower at processing the applications?
Original post by Ryan23Carter
My application says “being reviewed by the business”

Do u reckon that if I havent been made an offer yet it means rejection or are they just slower at processing the applications?

Which position you applied?
I applied for the analyst program last year, didn’t hear from them as well.
Its for the A-level insight day program an you pick an area you would like to be involved the most. I picked IB.
Reply 39
I GOT AN OFFER. I applied late December and heard back last week. Anyone else got offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending