The Student Room Group
Reply 1
We need somebody to upload one that they have done - but at the moment nobody seems willing to do so !
Reply 2
Hmmm

Also, what about Entity Relationship Diagrams ?

Pump to Console = One to one
Pump to Costumers = One to Many
User to Console = One to one

Is that all you do but in an appropriate diagram ?
BCDOG
We need somebody to upload one that they have done - but at the moment nobody seems willing to do so !

Yeah, beacause I doubt anyone actually wants other people to plagairise their work, do they?

The DFD is not an Entity Relationship Diagram (Some of you doing it with a database may have done this as well though)
Reply 4
Amm0
Yeah, beacause I doubt anyone actually wants other people to plagairise their work, do they?

Considering that it is not a required component for the exam, and it is now too late to include it in the documentation, or to revise it if you have, I consider it simply sharing revision tips - which, if I am not mistaken, is one of the prime purposes of this forum.

People come here looking for help, Is that not why you are here? I have offered advice and assistance to people already, and have only been a member for a few days!

The DFD will be used to assist me, and the many other members who have requested it, should the question come up in the exam. It is revision, and certainly not plagiarism !!! To claim that shows a serious lack of understanding of the word and its meaning. I shall in no way attempy to pass off "assistance with a data flow diagram" off as being my own :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 5
I don't want someone's copy....I just want a vague idea how to do it as my teacher seems inept.

Is the Data flow diagram two different ones ? One for console processes and one for pump processes ?
Gascoigne
I don't want someone's copy....I just want a vague idea how to do it as my teacher seems inept.

Is the Data flow diagram two different ones ? One for console processes and one for pump processes ?

I've put the whole program onto one DFD.

Basically, you'd have two entities, which are Peter and the customer. Linking to these would be different processes, for example: Pay, Reset, Set Price, Pump Status and all of that.

You would also have some data stores, which would store the current statistiscs, price per litre, pump status and stuff like that. Arrows would link entities to processes (showing data flow) and processes to data stores. You NEVER link an external entity to a data store.
Reply 7
you don't even need a DFD, it doesn't say anything about it in the spec..
Reply 8
fraddiz
It doesn't say anything about it in the spec..

Apparently not, but most teachers have advised us to add it in.

Latest

Trending

Trending