Reply 20
That'd be great! Dm me when you can
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Just giving this thread a little bump!
Hi I’d like the know about how many lecturers there are for 2d animation at herts? And examples of guest speakers that come? Thanks a lot!
Original post by moid
I'd like to know how you know this if you've never studied at either degree... do you have a copy of both degrees timetables and tutorial times?

Original post by moid
Cool, see you in September then :smile:

If any of you have any questions about the Animation degrees, let me know; I am one of the lecturers.

Hi I’d like to ask about the number of lectures for 2d animation and examples of guest speakers? Thanks a lot!
I have an offer to study 2D animation in September. I'm super excited. Is there a groupchat or more active thread for other animation offer holders?
Hi @Leyiyang,

Thank you for your question.
We teach a very wide range of things over the three years with the 1st and 2nd being much more intense with lessons than the 3rd year.
The 1st year students get about 4 solid days of a variety of lessons.
2nd year is somewhat less, I think it is around 3.5 days of solid lessons.
And 3rd years is about 1.5 to 2 days of lessons and contact hours.

In terms of visitors, we try to get a mix for the 4 pathways of Games, 3D, VFX and 2D.
This past year we have had an amazing director from Studio AKA, a layout assist from Peppa Pig, and a truly exceptional concept artist who worked on the Spider-Verse film. We also get independent filmmakers in who do most film festival less commercial work. As well, another industry expert who directed The Red Turtle came up for a wonderful and very long talk. We get plenty of speakers from games companies and Soho-based production companies .....such as ILM and MPC etc.

Hope this helps you. However, if you have any further question, please get in touch with Philip Vallentin at [email protected] who will be your lecturer and will be more than happy to help you with your queries :smile:

Best wishes,
Chirasree
Original post by Leyiyang
Hi I’d like to ask about the number of lectures for 2d animation and examples of guest speakers? Thanks a lot!
Reply 26
bump! Anyone else?
Daniel Goodbery and Martin Bowman are the animation course leaders and are both really great people, so easy to talk with.

Pill Vallentin is the 2D Animation leader, so I haven't had too many lessons with him but he's just a great guy.
Neil Gallagher is the games leader, teaches all 3D paths substance, zbrush and unreal in a series of lectures.
Mark Wallman is the VFX leader, everyone on a 3D path does a series of lectures with Mark to see if they would want to move to VFX.
Steve Hunt is the 3D Animation leader, you'll do a few 3D animation projects throughout the year if you're on a 3D path.
Lewis Guarniere teaches 3D modelling and will teach Maya and Mari in first year, great lecturer.
Frank Victoria teaches digital art and will teach Photoshop and be a part of various 2D focused projects like comics etc.

Hopefully I haven't missed any lecturers but if I have it's because I'm first year and on a 3D path way so I've just put down ones I've had loads of interactions with, but there are more great lecturers who teach the technical sides of things and teach essay writing etc. There are also guest lecturers that come in to teach and every week there is a speaker as some one has already said.

I'm only a first year currently so I can only tell you about first year topics, but you definitely interact with the tutors a lot. You have 24 hours of Lectures a week which slowly go down as you go towards the end of semesters and stop doing certain lessons so it's a lot of lecture time, you can also email lecturers at any time with most emailing back pretty quick and can even set up times when you can meet them to discuss your work. Hope this is helpful, it really is an amazing course. I'd never touched 3D work before and I've made some stuff I'm really proud of.
hi guys i’m going to be on the 2d animation course this year :smile: i’m pretty nervous but excited too!
I’m going onto the 3D animation and modelling course, I’m very nervous about it too aha. It would be nice to get to know some people :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by stuffedbutter
I’m going onto the 3D animation and modelling course.It would be nice to get to know some people :smile:

Yep!
Reply 31
I managed to get a place at 3d animation but I decided to defer for a year because I felt that i would benefit from a foundation year to get better at art and to begin to learn how to code. Any advice?
Original post by Saphie B
Hey! If you're an applicant or offer-holder for one of the above courses, comment below!
Reply 32
I got an offer for 3D animation :smile:
Reply 33
bump!
Reply 34
hi! i've accepted my offer for the 3D animation course.
Reply 35
Pheo here! 🥰
Hey I'm a little late to this group but Im in a 3d games art course this year, anyone still interested in another friend?
Hey ! I'm hoping to study at Hertfordshire next year for 3D animation and am currently putting my portfolio together ! I was just wondering if there would be any way to see the portfolio that got you in ! As inspiration and to get a feel as to what to put in there ! This would be such an amazing help if you could ! Thanks again Abe
Original post by andy.v
hi! i've accepted my offer for the 3D animation course, could i have the link for the discord? thanks!

Hey I'm hoping to study there next year and am creating my portfolio to try and get in ! Would I be able to get into the discord as well so I could ask for help and advice on portfolio and interviews !

Thanks again

Abe

Latest

Trending

Trending