The Student Room Group
I concur, very easy paper that I was worrying far too much about beforehand. What with that and the stupidly easy language paper, I think I'm pretty much set for an A* in Latin now! Hopefully....
Reply 2
just done it gah that was silly. was expecting it to be much more difficult although i did get a nasty shock when i opened the booklet to section A and i thought i'd learnt the wrong thing!
Yeah, I thought I got every single question right on Sights & Sounds (Ovid)
I walked out quite happy, but having discussed it with friends I am less happy now! Two mistakes I think I made were when it asked what the line tells you about Anna, I wrote that she was described as beloved therefore Dido loves her a lot and trusts her to tell her and seek her advice, which in my opinion should be accepted, as it is not clear what they're actually asking for.. but most other people put sister down.

The second bit was when they asked how you know that Mercury is who he is or something like that, and I just wrote because he was a God, but apparently it was because he had winged feet, which is something I knew but as it wasn't part of the quoted text didn't write it!

Any thoughts on the above? Was I the only person to make those mistakes?
Reply 5
anyone reckon this will equal 0 for that question or just take a mark off

You shouldn't lose any marks - it will just annoy them slightly. But don't worry about it :p: I'm sure they see that kind of thing often enough!

Is anyone drawing a line under every question like you're meant to? It's such an effort - our exams officer says we don't have to so I haven't been.
Reply 6
Was so much easier than it could have been? Only one question was slightly demanding but still think i bagged at least 4/5 :smile: A* hopefully coming up next week
The only one that confused me what when it asked why the description of it being a 'busy crowd' was a good description. Um, because it was busy...? I don't know!!

Does anyone know what the approximate grade boundary for an A* would be in that paper?
KnightRider
I walked out quite happy, but having discussed it with friends I am less happy now! Two mistakes I think I made were when it asked what the line tells you about Anna, I wrote that she was described as beloved therefore Dido loves her a lot and trusts her to tell her and seek her advice, which in my opinion should be accepted, as it is not clear what they're actually asking for.. but most other people put sister down.

The second bit was when they asked how you know that Mercury is who he is or something like that, and I just wrote because he was a God, but apparently it was because he had winged feet, which is something I knew but as it wasn't part of the quoted text didn't write it!

Any thoughts on the above? Was I the only person to make those mistakes?

Most people I know put about her being "unanimam" - the thing about a soulmate?

And I got the winged feet bit, I figured as there was a reference to it in the text then that'd be okay.
There weren't as many "refer to the Latin" questions as I'd have liked, though.
Reply 9
candyflossangels
The only one that confused me what when it asked why the description of it being a 'busy crowd' was a good description. Um, because it was busy...? I don't know!!

Does anyone know what the approximate grade boundary for an A* would be in that paper?

I wrote quite a lot for that one. I put something about there being lots of animals mentioned in the poem and the dogs not being 'desunt' (missing) so the countryside was busy.

I'd imagine the grade boundaries will be quite high because everyone seems to think it was easy.
Meliae
I wrote quite a lot for that one. I put something about there being lots of animals mentioned in the poem and the dogs not being 'desunt' (missing) so the countryside was busy.

I'd imagine the grade boundaries will be quite high because everyone seems to think it was easy.

I was going to write a lot, then saw it was one mark and thought I'd do best answering more important questions.

Latest