University: Durham
Course: Q300
Grades Required: AAA
Reaction: Chuffed to bits!

Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 62
RachelBabyfrog
Congratulations! Which college? When did you send your form? I want one too! :P

Thank you very much! (Everyone is so nice on here!) My offer is for Van Mildert (Not even sure how you spell it, and I want to do English!! Oops) My form was sent on the 23rd September and Durham sent me a letter saying they had received the form on the 7th of October. I didn't get that acknowledgement until the 1st of November and the offer came through on November 8th. All in all, it took about a month and a half.
Reply 63
wanderlusted
Congratulations! :smile:

Thank you ! ! !
rachio
Thank you very much! (Everyone is so nice on here!) My offer is for Van Mildert (Not even sure how you spell it, and I want to do English!! Oops) My form was sent on the 23rd September and Durham sent me a letter saying they had received the form on the 7th of October. I didn't get that acknowledgement until the 1st of November and the offer came through on November 8th. All in all, it took about a month and a half.

I'm really happy for you *grin* Your form went off a couple of weeks before mine, so that's reassuring for me as well :wink: I *really* want a Durham English offer :smile:

My friend was the JCR president of Van Mildert 2003/04... so I've heard only good things :wink:
Reply 65
RachelBabyfrog
I'm really happy for you *grin* Your form went off a couple of weeks before mine, so that's reassuring for me as well :wink: I *really* want a Durham English offer :smile:

My friend was the JCR president of Van Mildert 2003/04... so I've heard only good things :wink:

Oh wow, brilliant. I have no idea what Van Mildert is like - I just know that it's not the most competitive college which is why I applied. I must have just scraped in 'cause I'm definitely not anything special! If good things are all you're hearing then that's a good sign. More excited now! Good luck with the application, hope you get what you want! Sure you will, from your other posts it seems like you're a very bright lass!! x x x
Reply 66
By the way, do you live in Keighley, West Yorks?? I know my thing says Middlesborough but I actually live near you (If you live where I think you do)! Really must change my thing - moved house recently!
rachio
By the way, do you live in Keighley, West Yorks?? I know my thing says Middlesborough but I actually live near you (If you live where I think you do)! Really must change my thing - moved house recently!

Yes- that's where I live :smile: What school are you at?
Reply 68
wanderlusted
I'm actually British, but I've lived in America for quite some time now. When it came to choosing universities my preference was England but I'm applying to two American schools. I'm not that young, I was just skipped a grade. :smile:
Which American colleges are you applying to?

I'm applying to harvard, princeton and yale (im crazy i know hehe) Where ru applying in the US? Where in the states do u live? I have mates living all over the place there hehe... X
dollface
I'm applying to harvard, princeton and yale (im crazy i know hehe) Where ru applying in the US? Where in the states do u live? I have mates living all over the place there hehe... X

I'm not applying to any of those :smile:, just Wellesley and NYU permitting I get my applications and recommendations in time.

Are you in the US or the UK?
University: Reading
Course: English Literature
Grades needed: 320 points, whatever that is!
Reaction: Yay, can't believe I got an offer at long last! And Reading is only half an hour's drive away from Oxford :tongue: :cool:
Reply 71
wanderlusted
I'm not applying to any of those :smile:, just Wellesley and NYU permitting I get my applications and recommendations in time.

Are you in the US or the UK?

Yeh the deadlines for applications are a biatch!
I'm from the UK but have been livin in Malaysia for past 3 yrs coz my dad got posted here. I'm applying to the US because over summer i did an American academic program in Oxford and all the american kids kinda brainwashed me haha. But i know my chances are TEENY and so i'm not banking on my US choices... The UK will do just fine :smile: I take it ur from NY state then? I have some friends there... in Long Island X
Reply 72
Well done rachio! Wow that's amazing, I kinda wish I'd applied to Durham. It's like 500 miles away from me though!

Well done Eyore too!! Lol yea that points system is reeeally confusing.
dollface
Yeh the deadlines for applications are a biatch!
I'm from the UK but have been livin in Malaysia for past 3 yrs coz my dad got posted here. I'm applying to the US because over summer i did an American academic program in Oxford and all the american kids kinda brainwashed me haha. But i know my chances are TEENY and so i'm not banking on my US choices... The UK will do just fine :smile: I take it ur from NY state then? I have some friends there... in Long Island X

I wish I lived in New York! No, I'm in Texas but got to visit New York last week because of an Oxford interview. :biggrin:

Which other schools are you applying to in the UK?
University: Reading
Course: English with European Cultural Studies
Grades needed: 300 points, incl. B in English Literature
Reaction: Pretty damn happy. Yup, only 6th choice, but Reading have some kudos for replying first :tongue: Now it might just quench a thirst for offers for a lil' while... :rolleyes:
Reply 75
just got my first offer through the post!! :biggrin:

University: Liverpool
Course: Q300 English Lit and Lang
Grades needed: not sure yet, but i think it will be about ABB
Reaction: very excited!
Congratulations Pepperpot80 and Enola! :smile:
Reply 77
Oooh I have that offer too Enola! Lol yay :biggrin:
It was my first one too. Well, my only one at the moment! Mine's ABB. :smile:

Congrats Pepperpot too! Believe me, it will only serve to quench your thirst for offers for around.. 2 hrs?!
Reply 78
University: Royal Holloway
Course: Q300
Grades Required: ABB, A in English
Reaction: Excited, but not as excited as I was when I got my offer from York
Course name and code: Q300 English
University: Royal Holloway
Offer details: ABB, A in English Literature, excl. General Studies
Reaction: Excellent, because depending on what becomes of other offers/rejections, it may well be my Insurance - I'd say it's 4th-ish in my preference, but I really quite like the place, so pretty darn pleased (like last night :biggrin:) - This is all lifted from the General University discussion forum, still childishly excited by it all :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending