The Student Room Group

EU student living in EU, wanting to study in Scotland

Hello,
Over the last few months I have been trying to find a scholarship in Scotland for Biomedical Engineering studies for an EU applicant. Although I found a few, I wasn't able to apply for some reason...
Could you please help if you have any information?
Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by liya.ross
Hello,
Over the last few months I have been trying to find a scholarship in Scotland for Biomedical Engineering studies for an EU applicant. Although I found a few, I wasn't able to apply for some reason...
Could you please help if you have any information?
Thank you in advance :smile:

You have free tuition in Scotland, why do you need a scholarship?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doones
You have free tuition in Scotland, why do you need a scholarship?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if you're Scottish or otherwise normally resident here.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Only if you're Scottish or otherwise normally resident here.

Scottish and EU students get free tuition in Scotland. Internationals and RUK (Rest of UK; England, Wales, NI) don't.
Original post by Doones
Scottish and EU students get free tuition in Scotland. Internationals and RUK (Rest of UK; England, Wales, NI) don't.

Yeah I just came back after double checking that, didn't have a clue EU students got the same :redface: (weird bloody system :P )
Reply 5
But when I checked on the website of the university of Glasgow for example, it is said that I do have to pay something like 2000£...Where did you see that EU students get free tuition??
Reply 6
Original post by liya.ross
But when I checked on the website of the university of Glasgow for example, it is said that I do have to pay something like 2000£...Where did you see that EU students get free tuition??

Yes but SAAS pays it for you.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees/eufees/
The Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) pays tuition fees to the University for eligible Scottish domiciled and EU students (except those in England, Wales or Northern Ireland).
Yeah the bill/fees still exist, SAAS (or similar) just pays them rather than you (assuming you meet the criteria). 'Free at point of delivery' is the phrase i think they use.

Some students do still pay anyway, I'm Scottish and pay my own fees just because I don't like SAAS/SQA breathing down my neck about attendance and the like.
Reply 8
Okay, thank you all for your help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest