The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

QMU Occupational Therapy 2019

Hi, I’ve applied to study OT at Queen Margaret University Edinburgh and had a interview on Friday 8th March. I’m just curious if anyone has heard anything back about offers? I’m starting to get nervous now
Thanks
I haven't heard anything either.
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
I have an interview next month! Could you tell me a bit about the interview process/day? Was it a group interview or did they take people aside individually? What was the group project like? Any tips would be SO appreciated!
I received an unconditional offer on Friday. I’m so happy and relieved. Since I only applied to QMU I have accepted the offer and can’t wait to start in September 😊
Original post by YouBet1993
I have an interview next month! Could you tell me a bit about the interview process/day? Was it a group interview or did they take people aside individually? What was the group project like? Any tips would be SO appreciated!

Did you apply after the 15th of Jan?
Finally got an offer!!!! Yeay!!
I got an offer, it only took them 4 weeks.
Reply 7
Original post by ladyasprin)
I got an offer, it only took them 4 weeks.

Any interview tips you might want to share?
Original post by Cherem1
Original post by ladyasprin)

Any interview tips you might want to share?

Do ask when you should hear back

We had group interviews and I don't know if yours will be the same format, so I can't help much.

Good luck.
Hi
@ladyasprin @Beccahirvine1998 @YouBet1993 !
I have a group interview for pre-reg OT at Napier University tomorrow week (Friday 7th) I've never interviewed for a masters or in a group before, any tips on format etc would be much appreciated?? :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
With it being a masters and at a different uni it could be very different.

Just remember a 'Occupation' is an activity of life.
Original post by wannabeOT
Hi
@ladyasprin @Beccahirvine1998 @YouBet1993 !
I have a group interview for pre-reg OT at Napier University tomorrow week (Friday 7th) I've never interviewed for a masters or in a group before, any tips on format etc would be much appreciated?? :biggrin:
Thanks @Anonymous :smile: It's actually just the undergrad course packed into 2 years, for those who have a non-OT background. My undergrad is science. Any experience of group tasks? Apparently we will be on with applicants for MSc. in social work and physio
Original post by Anonymous
With it being a masters and at a different uni it could be very different.

Just remember a 'Occupation' is an activity of life.
Hi I also have an interview coming up for pre-reg OT, both group and individual! would you be able to give me any info or tips? :smile:
Original post by Pyschstudent1995
Hi I also have an interview coming up for pre-reg OT, both group and individual! would you be able to give me any info or tips? :smile:

Everything you do in life is an 'Occupation' that included eating/drinking, using the toilet and having fun.

Also being as independent as possible is the goal.

If someone can feed themselves with the right plate/spoon/seating then they can eat as the speed they want to.

If someone wants to listen to music and they have a player which they can control then they can occupy themselves. This can mean their assistance (staff or family) knows that they aren't just being called to help change the music.

Quick Reply

Latest