The Student Room Group

Best UK unis for engineering?

In my opinion, Imperial and Oxford are the best followed by Sheffield and Southampton. Not very sure about the rest though. What are your thoughts?
For me, it depends largely on the branch of engineering in question.But generally speaking (in my opinion) Oxbridge are at the top, with imperial following closely. Then, the difference between the next good few becomes rather indiscernible i.e. Bristol, Bath, Leeds, Warwick, UCL, Southampton etc.
Original post by AnxiousStudent_1
For me, it depends largely on the branch of engineering in question.But generally speaking (in my opinion) Oxbridge are at the top, with imperial following closely. Then, the difference between the next good few becomes rather indiscernible i.e. Bristol, Bath, Leeds, Warwick, UCL, Southampton etc.

Why is Imperial not better than Oxford for engineering? Its a pure STEM institution after all.

Also, I dont see Cambridge offering engineering courses.
Original post by Thar Linn Htet
Why is Imperial not better than Oxford for engineering? Its a pure STEM institution after all.

Also, I dont see Cambridge offering engineering courses.

Imperial is very good, it's just that Oxford and Cambridge are elite in terms of recognition worldwide, lecturers, facilities etc. Imperial follows closely but it is definitely against very worth opponents when compared to Oxbridge.
Btw Cambridge offer a general engineering degree

Quick Reply

Latest