The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Nice one guys. Some good advice in this thread.

Just keep ploughing on at past papers! I'm telling you this because I can't tell it to myself...I'm interesting in the stuff, I just don't give a rat's arse at the moment of the outcome of anything (which I realise is a dangerous situation to be in!...)

Oh well. Que sera sera.
Reply 63
secretmessages
I was thinking... there's always a question asking us to name the three database levels (schema)... do we actually have to know what they mean? I haven't seen a past paper which asks us to explain what they are, but I'm not sure that's completely out of the question?

U LUV SHEEP (ULS)
USER
LOGICAL
STORAGE

haha you'll never forget it now
jamesair99
U LUV SHEEP (ULS)
USER
LOGICAL
STORAGE

haha you'll never forget it now

I know what they are. I was just wondering if we have to explain them :p:
User or External Schema- An individuals view of the database.

Conceptual or logical Schema- Overall view of the database.

Storage or Internal Schema- Shows how and where the data is stored within a database.

Stuff on networks sucks big time!
Anonymous samosa
User or External Schema- An individuals view of the database.

Conceptual or logical Schema- Overall view of the database.

Storage or Internal Schema- Shows how and where the data is stored within a database.

Stuff on networks sucks big time!

Ta :smile:
I just tried doing the Jan 08 papers and they were evil! Did anyone else find this? CPT5, 29 marks for Q1, and really odd questions! Or was it just me :p:
i know...jan 08 paper is bloody evil!....have you got a mark scheme for it by any chance?
Anonymous samosa
i know...jan 08 paper is bloody evil!....have you got a mark scheme for it by any chance?

They are here and here :smile: I take no credit.
Reply 69
Anonymous samosa

I think June 06 was bad, not seen Jan 08 yet.

I worked it out from the grades I've got already, I need to get at least 61/65 on CPT5 for an overall A (may change if CPT6 goes up), wishing I'd resat CPT2 now :frown:
Reply 70
secretmessages
Ta :smile:
I just tried doing the Jan 08 papers and they were evil! Did anyone else find this? CPT5, 29 marks for Q1, and really odd questions! Or was it just me :p:

oh my goodness yes i was JUST thinking that this v second. I haven't read this thread in ages so I don't know if someone has commented on it but I think you only needed something bizzare like 63% for an A

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

it was hard but i mean... not THAT hard

the only worry my friend... is that the differences between A B C D E (intervals I mean) are actually quite small :eek: :eek: so even though technically you're nearly at an A it could easily be a B or C :eek: :eek:

just by the odd q going dodgy

Good luck though!!
jamesair99
oh my goodness yes i was JUST thinking that this v second. I haven't read this thread in ages so I don't know if someone has commented on it but I think you only needed something bizzare like 63% for an A

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

it was hard but i mean... not THAT hard

the only worry my friend... is that the differences between A B C D E (intervals I mean) are actually quite small :eek: :eek: so even though technically you're nearly at an A it could easily be a B or C :eek: :eek:

just by the odd q going dodgy

Good luck though!!

Yep, my teacher always used to say "always attempt the question... you could get a few marks for it, and that's a whole grade! (although you have to reach the E boundary first :p:)"
Reply 72
Well I attempted Jan 08 for the first time and got 44/65, not sure what the grade boundaries were though.
Rob500
Well I attempted Jan 08 for the first time and got 44/65, not sure what the grade boundaries were though.

CPT4: 45 for an A, 40 for a B
CPT5: 41 for an A, 36 for a B
Reply 74
Search for CPT4 or CPT5 on Google and you'll find links to some school/college's Moodle courses/notes.
Considering I got a mid C in CPT6 I need to get like 80 UMS in CPT4 tomorrow, but I'm retaking CPT5 too, which I got exactly a B in so if that goes up it'll help.

Good luck.
Reply 75
I got exactly 72/90 UMS for CPT5 in jan 08, it was a horrible horrible paper :frown:

25 hours til CPT4 starts, eek!
I really dont want tomorrow to come. I reckon I need 2 A's on these to get an overall B.

Absolutely terrified
Reply 77
Var Me as string
If time = 13:15 AND date = 05/06/2008 THEN
Me ="fcked"
else
REVISE
End if

this subject has finally gotten to me
hahaha...thats a good one...i'm really feeling the pressure now!
Reply 79
Hey guys, quick Assembly Language question...

"Given that the ASCII code for '0' is the binary value 00110000, write an AND instruction to convert any numeric digit stored in the accumulator in the form of an ASCII code to its 8-bit binary integer equivalent."

Now the answer is AND #0F ( or AND #CF )

but can anyone explain it to me? :s i thought i understood what AND did, but this question makes no sense to me. Why does masking out the first 4 bits make the ASCII code an 8bit integer? Gah! any explanation appreciated.

Latest

Trending

Trending