The Student Room Group

AFC - Harrogate - Year 10/11's

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Army Jobs,

My daughter is wanting to join Harrogate army college this year. We have tried looking online to find the application form but cannot see anything. Can you advise on how to submit an application?

Thanks in advance
Reply 21
Original post by SamaraEl
Hi Army Jobs,

My daughter is wanting to join Harrogate army college this year. We have tried looking online to find the application form but cannot see anything. Can you advise on how to submit an application?

Thanks in advance

I believe you need to make an account and apply from there.
Hey Stephanie!You can join Harrogate AFC without any qualification but it will depend on what role you want you can find what role you want by going to the link belowp.s I am in the ACF and nobody can make me change my mind about joining the army :biggrin:www.army.mod.uk/rolefinderkind regards.E.H
Reply 23
I've also encountered this problem, when I click apply the only things that come up are 'Regular Soldier' 'Officer Scholarship' and 'Regular Officer Welbeck'. I'm not sure if I have to click 'Regular Soldier' which would sign me up to Harrogate, but I'd rather not do it if it's going to sign me straight up to the army! I'm 16 and am currently doing my GCSEs. Hoping to get in for next March.Just need clarification on whether I fill out the regular soldier application or not, thanks!
Original post by NathanJ1
I've also encountered this problem, when I click apply the only things that come up are 'Regular Soldier' 'Officer Scholarship' and 'Regular Officer Welbeck'. I'm not sure if I have to click 'Regular Soldier' which would sign me up to Harrogate, but I'd rather not do it if it's going to sign me straight up to the army! I'm 16 and am currently doing my GCSEs. Hoping to get in for next March.Just need clarification on whether I fill out the regular soldier application or not, thanks!

Yeah you fill out that one.
Can you join AFC Harrogate and the go on to apply as an officer
Original post by Waldo5757
Can you join AFC Harrogate and the go on to apply as an officer

If you're going to AFC Harrogate then you will join as a soldier, you could always try and commission later on in your career. Or complete your A-levels and maybe a degree then apply as an officer. But you cannot join Harrogate then apply as an officer, once you have completed harrogate you are then committed to 4 years from your 18th birthday.
Can anyone recommend or give any advice on what I am to do, as I am in mid application for afc Harrogate, but it is for the March Intake and I have just finished year 11, and I know that we are meant to be in education till 18. So I need to know what to do up until March??
How do you apply to Harrogate? I have made an account but I can't figure out how to apply to Harrogate. How do I do it?
(edited 6 years ago)
I want to go to Harrogate when I'm sixteen and go on to become a medical technician, but I'm not as physically fit as I should be. Is there any sort of training or routine I should follow to help me get in better shape for Harrogate?
Original post by MonkeyAnna
I want to go to Harrogate when I'm sixteen and go on to become a medical technician, but I'm not as physically fit as I should be. Is there any sort of training or routine I should follow to help me get in better shape for Harrogate?

Try running a 1.5mile run 3 times a week with a 800m warm up and check the run times you need to get, and then tryv and do cardiovascular and muscle work
If I join Harrogate army college do I have to join the army after my course has finished
Original post by Jordan7373
If I join Harrogate army college do I have to join the army after my course has finished

Yes
Original post by Jordan7373

Yes otherwise there would be no point doing the course
Original post by ArmyJobs
Hi Guys,

Check this page out for information on AFC Harrogate, The next intake is in March 2016 as the cut off date for September 2015 intake has now passed.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3341361

Regards
ArmyJobs

hey, I'm 14 and very sure I want to apply for Harrogate when I'm old enough to do so. I'm not so sure how I could secure a place or raise my chances of being accepted, any tips or information?
Original post by HalleGribben15
hey, I'm 14 and very sure I want to apply for Harrogate when I'm old enough to do so. I'm not so sure how I could secure a place or raise my chances of being accepted, any tips or information?

My advice would be to make sure your fitness is up to scratch and your weight is withing the bmi of 18-28,as well as that making sure your papers and forms are filled in as soon as they are given to you
I am 14 as of now, signed up for the cadets ( a tad too late). I am also a female. I have sights to sign up for Harrogate after my GCSEs, but really worried about the physical. Any ideas or what is required at the initial PT entry test?
Original post by rt
Just thought I'd introduce everyone to the Army Foundation College, it's in Harrogate near Leeds. It is a great route into the Army and I have my interview on the 17th June and further I will have fitness tests.

You have to be between 16 & 17 to join and it is a 42 week course which you are taught at alot slower and gradual pace than the other training areas.

If anyone has any questions, lemme know - I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Do you have to pay to get in to the college?
Original post by JJ_BWB_15
Do you have to pay to get in to the college?

No
Original post by Jdtwinny
No

Okay thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest