The Student Room Group

Cardiff Met or USW ( Business Mana

I have got unconditional offers from both university of south wales and cardiff metropolitan for business management degree.
Right now, I can’t choose between the two universities as my insurance choice because I don’t know which one is better and has better future for me after graduating.
I went to open days for both of them, saw the rankings in many websites
and I still can’t decide.
If anyone has studied/studying in either one of them please tell me your thoughts about them.
Original post by Anonymous_116
I have got unconditional offers from both university of south wales and cardiff metropolitan for business management degree.
Right now, I can’t choose between the two universities as my insurance choice because I don’t know which one is better and has better future for me after graduating.
I went to open days for both of them, saw the rankings in many websites
and I still can’t decide.
If anyone has studied/studying in either one of them please tell me your thoughts about them.

Hi @Anonymous_116, it's great to hear that you've got two unconditional offers and that you've done your research! Choosing between your firm and insurance choices can be difficult, a lot of students experience the same dilemma! The choice however is very much a personal one, as what might be a positive for one person could be a negative for you or vice versa.

Take some time to think about what you want from your degree, are there particular work placement opportunities you are looking for, do you want a degree that offers good networking opportunities or particular accreditations? Who will be teaching you, do you want to learn from those that have vast experience within a certain sector for example. You may know which area of business you'd like a career in, or you may be undecided, so do you want a course that offers you the chance to get a taste of the various areas that you can progress into? Have you looked into graduate employability rates, or graduate destinations? At USW we include graduate stories on our website, so you can see some of the amazing things our business graduates have done on completion of our degree, I'm sure Cardiff Met have the same information.

As you are now an offer holder you will get another chance to attend another online event to help you to make this decision. We will be holding Offer Holder Days' from February through to April and these events are designed to give you another opportunity to find out more about the course that you're applying for. You can check with Cardiff Met whether they are also offering a similar event, however many universities do.

When you are invited to these events have your questions ready beforehand, that way you can complete a comparison between the two universities and then decide which is the right university for you.

I hope this helps, but if you did have any other questions about our course or the University, please let me know and I'll be happy to help :smile: Thanks, Carrie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending