The Student Room Group

Thinking about joining the police but don't like physical confrontation?

I'm pretty much 16 and struggling to pick a course for after year 11. I'm thinking about Public Services and then possibly the police but despite my research, I can't find much about the different jobs. I'm a practical person so I don't really wanna be in an office all day though I'm not completely against that idea, but I'm small and I don't like physical confrontation (like someone violently resisting arrest) so I don't know if I'd be a good fit for anything. Can anyone who works with the police in some form or manner please help me because I'm running out of time to decide and I'm really stressed and scared over what to do with my life? Thank you
If you’re unsure and can’t decide (which is fine not many have their whole life planned out at 16) do a levels find somewhere that offer criminology and join the police cadets for under 18s if there’s a group near you. That way you have 2-3 other subjects so you’re not limiting your options for a career you’re unsure of but by joining a cadet group you also get to learn more about the career and experience it a bit.
Reply 2
A-levels aren't an option for me as I can't really get the grades to do them and they're just not really a good idea for me personally. I did consider them and I just don't think they're right. That's why I'm trying to pick a BTEC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending