The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
foofan
Cud anyone tell me wat u need to get(GCSE and A level wise) to get into oxbridge?
Which college is most prestigious??:tsr2:

There is plenty of information available on these forums, the Wiki and other internet and propectus sources. You're clearly not cut out (at the momment) for much self motivated learning, are you?
Reply 2
Urgh... Oxbridge is 2 separate universites! As such asking the question "which is the best college?" is ignorant, stupid and pointless. Please learn to think before you speak - if you fancy your chances of getting in then you will need to demonstrate this... However to answer your first question realistically you will need practically flawless GCSEs comprising of at least 7-8A* then looking to get AAAa for A level to put you on level pegging with most applicants. The average number of UCAS points for Oxbridge students is over 500 per person which should give you some idea (although this is by no means a hard and fast rule).
Reply 3
jeez chill out. uncalled for. jist asking a question
Reply 4
Wangers
There is plenty of information available on these forums, the Wiki and other internet and propectus sources. You're clearly not cut out (at the momment) for much self motivated learning, are you?

actuali i am cos ive been studying for the last two months for me exams non stop. so y dont u get ur facts rite first?
Reply 5
Why don't you learn how to spell? :P
Reply 6
foofan
actuali i am cos ive been studying for the last two months for me exams non stop. so y dont u get ur facts rite first?

Yet you still can't be arsed to read the wiki, which is full of information that people have spent their time compiling purely so we don't have to answer bull**** questions like this.
Reply 7
foofan

Well, you certainly showed him.

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
I'm guessing it's that time of year again.
foofan

Well your not studying now...
The Mute

Oh yes :p:
Reply 11
The Mute

yeh i hate it. only a week left
you've gotta be kidding me. If this guy gets into oxbridge there is no justice in the world
Reply 13
callum9999
Well your not studying now...

good one....
Reply 14
atoms4peace
you've gotta be kidding me. If this guy gets into oxbridge there is no justice in the world

y?
bloody hell, the person is only asking a question. whats with this hostility.
Don't know much about oxford but you need alot of A* as GCSE and more than 3A at AS just to get an interview. (not totally sure on the figures, just email one of the admin tutors)
and for colleges Gonville and Cais and Emmanuel are quite prestigious. But all colleges are pretty much equal.
Cais is prestigious cause its the biggest med college, (but with
25~ med students) Emma is prestigious cos its usually seen as the most academic college.
foofan
yeh i hate it. only a week left

He meant the time of year where potential applicants insist on asking hundreds of questions whose answers are easily found with a simple search.
Reply 17
Alex L
He meant the time of year where potential applicants insist on asking hundreds of questions whose answers are easily found with a simple search.

how do u know?
one of those people that think they no everything r you?

kinda of harsh don't you think?
You can read all the infor on websites but talking to someone with experience is better. Atleast this guy is ambitious enough to think of med at Oxbridge
Reply 19
Original post by &#20026
bloody hell, the person is only asking a question. whats with this hostility.
Don't know much about oxford but you need alot of A* as GCSE and more than 3A at AS just to get an interview. (not totally sure on the figures, just email one of the admin tutors)
and for colleges Gonville and Cais and Emmanuel are quite prestigious. But all colleges are pretty much equal.
Cais is prestigious cause its the biggest med college, (but with
25~ med students) Emma is prestigious cos its usually seen as the most academic college.

thank you. at least theres one decent person out there

Latest

Trending

Trending