The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Wish
I assume you want yesterday's paper? This is for edexcel, on first post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=599755

Where on earth has that thread gone?? When I click on it it says I don't have sufficient privileges to access it, which usually means it's been deleted :confused:
Reply 3
Papers are generally available from the Exam Paper Fairy (alias IChem) if you ask him nicely enough:smile:
Reply 4
same here....
Reply 5
01jacks
same here....

I imagine it may have something to do with TSR not wanting to be sued for breach of copyright.
Prudy
I imagine it may have something to do with TSR not wanting to be sued for breach of copyright.

Who on earth decided to let Edexcel copyright what should be public property. Absolutely ridiculous...
Reply 7
was the mark scheme posted as well then?
Reply 8
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Who on earth decided to let Edexcel copyright what should be public property. Absolutely ridiculous...

Edexcel? The law?
Reply 9
The thread seems to have vanished but the direct links to the .pdf's still work:

Markscheme

Question Paper
Reply 10
Prudy
Edexcel? The law?

I doubt copyright has anything to do with it, otherwise all pastpaper/markscheme threads would be closed. I think it just has something to do with the fact that these are THE most recent papers (some only a day old!) I myself posted a recent paper and was asked by the mods "not to post recent papers" and that was all.
Reply 11
IChem
I doubt copyright has anything to do with it, otherwise all pastpaper/markscheme threads would be closed. I think it just has something to do with the fact that these are THE most recent papers (some only a day old!) I myself posted a recent paper and was asked by the mods "not to post recent papers" and that was all.

Meh. I took an educated guess. Mind, it might also be to do with the way in which it is presented. A fragmented discussion of various questions is arguably different to a produced 'finished' document.
Reply 12
Henerz
The thread seems to have vanished but the direct links to the .pdf's still work:

Markscheme

Question Paper

;no; They don't.
Reply 13
Prudy
Meh. I took an educated guess. Mind, it might also be to do with the way in which it is presented. A fragmented discussion of various questions is arguably different to a produced 'finished' document.

Yeah, but why would they mind us posting the papers, I can understand about the unofficial mark scheme though.
IChem
Yeah, but why would they mind us posting the papers, I can understand about the unofficial mark scheme though.

Because the papers are produced, and copyrighted, by Edexcel. So posting them is a breach of copyright. Of course, if people are simply sharing via TSR, there's not much they can do about it - I think it's any attempt at an ordered database of past papers that they have to avoid strongly, because anything else is really outside their powers. There'll always be PM and duplicate accounts and email address swapping.
Reply 15
where isit!
Reply 16
generalebriety
Because the papers are produced, and copyrighted, by Edexcel. So posting them is a breach of copyright. Of course, if people are simply sharing via TSR, there's not much they can do about it - I think it's any attempt at an ordered database of past papers that they have to avoid strongly, because anything else is really outside their powers. There'll always be PM and duplicate accounts and email address swapping.

What, something along the lines of freeexampapers.com....?
Prudy
Edexcel? The law?

It is frankly ridiculous. If Edexcel are going to be arses about copyright, along with the rest of their incompetence, they should not be ratified as an exam board...
Reply 18
As I have said above, if people really are that desperate for the paper, it's only a PM with your email address included away...
Reply 19
I heard that you can't post edexcel papers because they are taken around the world at different times, so unless they are not recent ones you can post them.

Latest