The Student Room Group

Baby due during university exam period

Hi guys, I'm 23 coming on 24 and just finished a resit year for Year 1 (Changed course), I did pretty well on my exams and am pretty excited to go in to Year 2. However, me and my partner are expecting our first baby. I'm really keen to continue on with Year 2 even though I'm gunna be massive and gunna get weird looks, but the due date is the 22nd of January and exams start 13th through the 25th. So I would pretty much be banking on the baby coming on time or late even. I really enjoy uni and am a little bit panicked about the thought of deferring.Two of my Sem 1 modules are exams, so I'm wondering what my options are when I go to speak to my tutor? I've already had a resit year so I'm scared I'm gunna go in there and get guilt tripped in to deferring or even dropping out.Is it possible to take the exams later? Or can I ask to change modules to ones with essay assessments? I am also baring in mind that I only have enough funding for two more years so once they start funding this year, I won't be able to get another.
Original post by rummynose
Hi guys, I'm 23 coming on 24 and just finished a resit year for Year 1 (Changed course), I did pretty well on my exams and am pretty excited to go in to Year 2. However, me and my partner are expecting our first baby. I'm really keen to continue on with Year 2 even though I'm gunna be massive and gunna get weird looks, but the due date is the 22nd of January and exams start 13th through the 25th. So I would pretty much be banking on the baby coming on time or late even. I really enjoy uni and am a little bit panicked about the thought of deferring.Two of my Sem 1 modules are exams, so I'm wondering what my options are when I go to speak to my tutor? I've already had a resit year so I'm scared I'm gunna go in there and get guilt tripped in to deferring or even dropping out.Is it possible to take the exams later? Or can I ask to change modules to ones with essay assessments? I am also baring in mind that I only have enough funding for two more years so once they start funding this year, I won't be able to get another.

I think the best thing you could do is ask if you can stay till christmas then pause where you are on the course and then start again in the next academic year. You may be able to sit the exams in the summer when they have resit assessments but they won't change the type of assessment generally.
Reply 2
Thanks ! I'll definitely consider that, I forgot to mention I do History and Politics and we get the option to choose modules but we don't usually get to change our minds after May
Original post by claireestelle
I think the best thing you could do is ask if you can stay till christmas then pause where you are on the course and then start again in the next academic year. You may be able to sit the exams in the summer when they have resit assessments but they won't change the type of assessment generally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending