The Student Room Group

I handed in my final project a week after the deadline

I will explain my situation, I had a deadline to hand in my project on the day of the exhibition. I would’ve handed it on that day had not my friend saying we could give it in the next week before Friday. I asked my teacher if I could hand it in that week too and he said yes. I did not realise that this would cause me to get a lower grade or a complete fail.

Before this my teachers also said I could have an extention however this was not a personal extention but for the whole class as they’d extended the deadline, however during doing my course I had to attend another course happening at the same time associated with the same college which meant I could not come in to college many days. I also had lots of problems regarding my mental health and other things such as not having the resources to properly complete my project as they could only be accessed to from college which caused me to hand in my project late. I ended up getting a Pass which I was not happy with as my work deserved a Distinction. I know I should just accept this as my fault but I’m disheartened by the fact that it wasn’t made clear to me that this would be the outcome had I not given it in that day and the months I worked on it to get a high grade have all been wasted. I would like some advice on what you think.
Original post by Zen1407
I will explain my situation, I had a deadline to hand in my project on the day of the exhibition. I would’ve handed it on that day had not my friend saying we could give it in the next week before Friday. I asked my teacher if I could hand it in that week too and he said yes. I did not realise that this would cause me to get a lower grade or a complete fail.

Before this my teachers also said I could have an extention however this was not a personal extention but for the whole class as they’d extended the deadline, however during doing my course I had to attend another course happening at the same time associated with the same college which meant I could not come in to college many days. I also had lots of problems regarding my mental health and other things such as not having the resources to properly complete my project as they could only be accessed to from college which caused me to hand in my project late. I ended up getting a Pass which I was not happy with as my work deserved a Distinction. I know I should just accept this as my fault but I’m disheartened by the fact that it wasn’t made clear to me that this would be the outcome had I not given it in that day and the months I worked on it to get a high grade have all been wasted. I would like some advice on what you think.

did you have anything written down at any point that had the later deadline?
Reply 2
i had an email that i wrote to my teacher who replied saying i could give it in that week
Reply 3
So you handed it in later than the acknowledged time given by your teacher?

If so, you deserved that Pass (barely).
Reply 4
i handed it in on the day he said i could give it in
Original post by Xarao
So you handed it in later than the acknowledged time given by your teacher?

If so, you deserved that Pass (barely).
Reply 5
I thought it was well known that you can hand in a week after the submission date, but the max score you can get would be 40%. So it appears that's what you got.
Reply 6
so is there nothing i can do at all? even if my work deserved a higher grade which i worked on for months?
Reply 7
it seems i didnt know that, not in my case anyway. things were made unclear
Original post by Daigan
I thought it was well known that you can hand in a week after the submission date, but the max score you can get would be 40%. So it appears that's what you got.
Reply 8
Original post by Zen1407
it seems i didnt know that, not in my case anyway. things were made unclear

I'm sure all unis put in on their assignment cover sheets. Can you put up a copy of your uni's cover sheets so we can check?
Reply 9
i'm not in uni i'm in college, sorry I must've put this post in the wrong forum as I'm new to this website. but on the assignment brief it just states the original deadline date and nothing else.
Original post by Daigan
I'm sure all unis put in on their assignment cover sheets. Can you put up a copy of your uni's cover sheets so we can check?
Reply 10
Original post by Zen1407
i'm not in uni i'm in college, sorry I must've put this post in the wrong forum as I'm new to this website. but on the assignment brief it just states the original deadline date and nothing else.

Then i'm 99% sure there's no recourse.
Reply 11
so there's nothing I can do?
Original post by Daigan
Then i'm 99% sure there's no recourse.
Reply 12
Original post by Zen1407
so there's nothing I can do?

You can always ask, but no. It won't make a difference. As long as your overall grade gets you where you want to be, I wouldn't be so bothered about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending