The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
jakeee
How has he been arrogant exactly? Is he driving a bit too fast for your liking?

If you read my previous posts then you'll see that my dislike for him has it's justifications. I don't know if you're aware but "how many races/titles a driver wins" isn't a measure of a sportman nor his personality. Alonso in my opinion is the best example. He has won two world championships and whilst his skill as a driver is unquestionable...........he is a complete tossposs.
Reply 181
Gotaprob
If you read my previous posts then you'll see that my dislike for him has it's justifications. I don't know if you're aware but "how many races/titles a driver wins" isn't a measure of a sportman nor his personality. Alonso in my opinion is the best example. He has won two world championships and whilst his skill as a driver is unquestionable...........he is a complete tossposs.

Who gives a **** about his personality? Do you want to shag him? or would rather just watch him entertain us on the track like he does day in day out?

Besides, hes an amazing personality. He always talks with a smile on his face, and makes as much time as he can for the media. Much better then some of the other recluses in F1 i.e. your beloved Kimi.
Reply 182
jakeee
Who gives a **** about his personality? Do you want to shag him? or would rather just watch him entertain us on the track like he does day in day out?

Besides, hes an amazing personality. He always talks with a smile on his face, and makes as much time as he can for the media. Much better then some of the other recluses in F1 i.e. your beloved Kimi.

I see!! We have another one of those "I'm British - Hamilton is British - He's one of the few potentially worthwhile sportsmen/women that we have - Oh, let's follow him blindly, I'll still take him up backside even if he purposely ran over 20 race marshalls because he wons races"..........

What he does is play the media to his advantage and that's hardly working these days. The way he acts now is beyond belief and it's more and more obvious. There is a reason why people speak so highly drivers like Vettel, Heidfeld and Kubica and it's because whilst they get the job done most of the time, they have great personalities. No-one talks about Hamilton's personality, just his race results. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with supporting Hamilton or that he's a bad driver........but I think even those who do support him have to admit his arrogance has peaked as of late.
jakeee
What a **** thread, we finally have a driver from our country who's actually doing rather well, and theres fools like you on here who childishly belittle him. Hes a great sport, half the people his age are out getting lashed and mashed, he's kept himself composed like a true sportsman. Qualifying today, and the last 2 races have showed his true class. Jealous bastards.

Have you ACTUALLY read the thread? Any opinion worth listening to actually points out that yes Hamilton IS a truly amazing driver, then are split between the ones who like and don't like his media personality.

Personally I think the media thing is blown way out of proportion, personally I've seen plenty of his interviews and the like, and I've not seen a great deal of this mega arrogance that his haters seem to find in every sentence he has ever crafted. People like that see what they want to see, really, whether it's there or not.

It's too easy to tag into the Hamilton-hating crowd. I don't care whether people love or hate him, it's all opinions as long as it comes from someone who actually know a bit about F1.
Reply 184
Gotaprob
I see!! We have another one of those "I'm British - Hamilton is British - He's one of the few potentially worthwhile sportsmen/women that we have - Oh, let's follow him blindly, I'll still take him up backside even if he purposely ran over 20 race marshalls because he wons races"..........

What he does is play the media to his advantage and that's hardly working these days. The way he acts now is beyond belief and it's more and more obvious. There is a reason why people speak so highly drivers like Vettel, Heidfeld and Kubica and it's because whilst they get the job done most of the time, they have great personalities. No-one talks about Hamilton's personality, just his race results. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with supporting Hamilton or that he's a bad driver........but I think even those who do support him have to admit his arrogance has peaked as of late.

But Vettel, Heidfeld and Kubica are not leading the world championship, nor have they a chance of winning it this year.

A better comparison would be Massa as he is a similar age as is Raikonnen. But Ferrari don't like ITV so that is a bit unfair on ITV on that one.
Reply 185
Gotaprob

No, I'm actually a bigger fan of Alonso's, who is a very interesting and entertaining person. From what ive seen of Hamilton, he doesnt seem arrogant of the track, he seems like a really humble guy. Can you give me some examples of his arrogance? of the track that is.
Reply 186
PoisonDonna
Have you ACTUALLY read the thread? Any opinion worth listening to actually points out that yes Hamilton IS a truly amazing driver, then are split between the ones who like and don't like his media personality.

Personally I think the media thing is blown way out of proportion, personally I've seen plenty of his interviews and the like, and I've not seen a great deal of this mega arrogance that his haters seem to find in every sentence he has ever crafted. People like that see what they want to see, really, whether it's there or not.

It's too easy to tag into the Hamilton-hating crowd. I don't care whether people love or hate him, it's all opinions as long as it comes from someone who actually know a bit about F1.

Yes, I have ACTUALLY read the thread, does he walk in an arrogant way, does he talk in an arrogant way, does he crap in an arrogant way. What is it? I dont see it personally, I'd take Hamilton over someone like Ronaldo anyday.
Reply 187
gbduo
But Vettel, Heidfeld and Kubica are not leading the world championship, nor have they a chance of winning it this year.

A better comparison would be Massa as he is a similar age as is Raikonnen. But Ferrari don't like ITV so that is a bit unfair on ITV on that one.

Yes and neither do they have the chance to. Put Kubica in that McLaren and I would bet a large sum of money that he would be leading the championship. After his race win he was absolutely spectactular and humble in victory and I don't think we should forget that he was leading the World Championship at one point.

Even when Massa and Raikkonnen win races they seem anything but arrogant. I will admit that Massa can have his moments but he has shown that when beaten he will take it well and even when forced off the track.
Jake I agree with you, Hamilton doesn't ahve the level of arrogance he people who hate him try to make out, but try and argue in a sensible way or no-one will take you seriously and you'll get labelled as a hamboy obsessive, and no-one listens to them :ninja:
Seriously, chill out! I'm AGREEING with you. You obviously haven't read the thread if you don't see that.
Reply 190
Gotaprob
Yes and neither do they have the chance to. Put Kubica in that McLaren and I would bet a large sum of money that he would be leading the championship. After his race win he was absolutely spectactular and humble in victory and I don't think we should forget that he was leading the World Championship at one point.

Even when Massa and Raikkonnen win races they seem anything but arrogant. I will admit that Massa can have his moments but he has shown that when beaten he will take it well and even when forced off the track.

I have never seen this arrogance you talk of tho.

There is a difference between being open and inspirational in your victory to being arrogant in victory.

His team loves him, that was clear, no one likes an arrogrant person, if he was arrogant like Alonso then he would piss everyone off. He does quite the opposite.
Reply 191
jakeee
Yes, I have ACTUALLY read the thread, does he walk in an arrogant way, does he talk in an arrogant way, does he crap in an arrogant way. What is it? I dont see it personally, I'd take Hamilton over someone like Ronaldo anyday.

Like PoisonDonna said, we see things depending on how we feel. When I saw Hamilton walking in an the way he did I personally found it arrogant. On the other hand someone who supports Hamilton would just pass it off or not notice it.

The end result is that I may have over-read it or you may have just ignored it. Either way it is just opinion.
Reply 192
Forgetting Hamilton for a bit, I dont know why people hate Alonso so much. If you saw his interviews in Spanish, you'd be laughing from start to finish. He's such a funny and intelligent person.
Reply 193
gbduo

His team loves him, that was clear, no one likes an arrogrant person, if he was arrogant like Alonso then he would piss everyone off. He does quite the opposite.

I think it's split really. We don't know how the international fans feel about it. The fact that most of the people in this thread are British and would no doubt support him shows that just basing opinion on this thread is a little biased.
Reply 194
Gotaprob
I think it's split really. We don't know how the international fans feel about it. The fact that most of the people in this thread are British and would no doubt support him shows that just basing opinion on this thread is a little biased.

Well i was in the pit garage and talked to the team in the McLaren suite, they all love him, and all the internationals in the McLaren suite (OK biased i know) loved him too.
Reply 195
I think some people just struggle to see the difference between arrogance and confidence. An arrogant driver would never get anywhere, they would not be able to take advice/criticism from their team engineers and the driving will suffer big time as a result (seen it happen numerous times). Confidence on the other hand is vital, if you dont beleive you can win then your not going to have much chance of winning!

I think the reason why the 'lesser' drivers (i.e. not currently as succesful as the top guys) like Kubica appear to take the success in a different way is because a) they arent really used to it yet and b) most of the time the result comes as a suprise to them and the team! Guys like Lewis/Kimi/Massa are all expected to win by their teams, this is why the confidence is so vital. Kubica/Piquet (etc..) are expected to score some points, anything else they do is a bonus.
jakeee
Forgetting Hamilton for a bit, I dont know why people hate Alonso so much. If you saw his interviews in Spanish, you'd be laughing from start to finish. He's such a funny and intelligent person.

2007. All you need to know. :yy:
I find it funny how everyone loved Alonso in 06......
castroneves
I find it funny how everyone loved Alonso in 06......

I didn't!
Massa was robbed today, ROBBED. I hate Hamilton aswell, he thinks he's Mr F1.

Latest