The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
60 marks!???P! one questions??P!! what!!! omg i didnt know that arghhh!! lol i wrote 7pages fort he 45 mark ones each! blargh! :frown: oh poop haha!! and we have what.. 45 mins for one 60 mark esasy? and 45 mins for the other??
arghhhhhhh xxxxxx
Reply 41
hmm im beginning to debate whether theyd put up the just free will/qualities of god question on.... it would be extremely similar to the ethics question last week :s-smilie: What do you think?
And for 60 marks im not sure how much to write, just write all the key points from philosophy and ethics...and then expand with your own knowledge and argue the points yourself, our teacher said that distinguishes the A candidates from the B candidates!! What do you need in this exam?
xx
Reply 42
Hey, in psychological determinism, Pavlov was the guy with the dogs, right?
Reply 43
Aithne13
Hey, in psychological determinism, Pavlov was the guy with the dogs, right?

Yeah! food = salivation... a neutral stimulus (bell) paired with the food overtime causes the dog to salivate without prescence of food... .:. behaviour has been changed and now is determined to salivate when bell rings! :smile:
xx
Reply 44
thanks - we did freewill and determinism in AS so i am just trying to memorise all the points again.
Reply 45
i did it in the ethics paper last week aswell so im very doubtful it will come up:s-smilie: the question was sumin like "does free will exist" :s-smilie: so i think if they did put one up it would be problem of evil one!
xx
Reply 46
clickabeth
i did it in the ethics paper last week aswell so im very doubtful it will come up:s-smilie: the question was sumin like "does free will exist" :s-smilie: so i think if they did put one up it would be problem of evil one!
xx

if they are supposed to carry out all parts of the syllabus, what eere the questions on your papers in A2?

We did Philosophy of Religion 1 - a question on the cosmological argument, one on Kant's moral argumenmt, the teleological argument and the problem of evil (i think)

Philosophy of religion 2 - Hick's replica theory - which can be both body/soul and life after death, christian resurrection, scripture and religious language.

From my papers it would seem that in the synoptic there will be at least one challenge from psychology/sociology, freewill and determinism and the nature of God and something else.

How about you?
Reply 47
Aithne13
if they are supposed to carry out all parts of the syllabus, what eere the questions on your papers in A2?

We did Philosophy of Religion 1 - a question on the cosmological argument, one on Kant's moral argumenmt, the teleological argument and the problem of evil (i think)

Philosophy of religion 2 - Hick's replica theory - which can be both body/soul and life after death, christian resurrection, scripture and religious language.
From my papers it would seem that in the synoptic there will be at least one challenge from psychology/sociology, freewill and determinism and the nature of God and something else.

How about you?

i dont remember there being a rel lang question?
Reply 48
Aithne13

How about you?

I did philosophy of religion 2: which youve mentioned
and i did
Ethics of religion 2!!! Which was ermmm... free will/determinism; Conscience; Virtue ethics with sex and relationships andd i cant remember the other one!!
xx
Reply 49
zizi90
i dont remember there being a rel lang question?

it was the question on using myth in religious language.
Reply 50
ah yeah true
i hate it when they specify in rel lang
which questions did you do?
i did scripture and hick's replica theory
Reply 51
hmm... so there might be a question on sociology/psychology. Ther might be one on language. and maybe one on the nature of God/freewill?

What did Weber say about sociology/religion?

What would you include? i guess you could include: Freud, Jung (if it is psychology) OR Marx, weber, durkheim (for sociology), Kant, Conscience, Life after death, problem of evil, Christian ethics, etc...
Reply 52
zizi90
ah yeah true
i hate it when they specify in rel lang
which questions did you do?
i did scripture and hick's replica theory

i did scripture (despite not ever learning about it) and myth (but i called the guy Braithwaite, when his name is Bultmann cause all the info was starting to get mixed up - idiot is me). But with the myth you could pretty much include all other language bits as long as you brought it back to the question.

I couldn't remember Dawkins criticisms of Hick's theory and i suck at problem of evil, so i did not do those ones.
Reply 53
the "does free will exist" was basically nature of god and freewill so i think if it was a freewill question it will be freewill/problem of evil!

yeah you would include the psychological theories (freud/jung) and the sociological theories (durkeim/weber) and ethicsn theories such as utilitarianiam...virtue ethics. and those that give an absolute basis for ethics like kants categorical imperative!
thats what my OCR book says anyway
x
Reply 54
clickabeth
the "does free will exist" was basically nature of god and freewill so i think if it was a freewill question it will be freewill/problem of evil!

yeah you would include the psychological theories (freud/jung) and the sociological theories (durkeim/weber) and ethicsn theories such as utilitarianiam...virtue ethics. and those that give an absolute basis for ethics like kants categorical imperative!
thats what my OCR book says anyway
x

which book do you have?
Reply 55
yeah same i'd never been taught scripture, but i linked it to non propositional and propositional revelation.

im not really sure how it went tbh, but i guess i'll find out soon enough.
Reply 56
Aithne13
which book do you have?

"Philosophy of religion for A level - OCR edition" -Nelson thornes
In the back it has a "SYNOPTIC" section telling you the 6 sections and the topics to include in each!
xx
Reply 57
it is so weird revising for this paper, there is so much to do and so little time and the questions could be pretty much anything. i have had a grand total of 2 days to revise for this crappy paper and it is worth 20% - i am just hoping it goes well, and when i look at the paper i don't feel like i am going to throw up like i did when i turned over Philosophy of Religion 2.
Reply 58
ive onoly started my revision at 3pm today!! im still writing my mind maps lol!! the questions will be either...
Moral/conscience
Free will-determinism/nature god
free will-determinism/problem of evil
ethics/psychology-sociology
moral behaviour/life after death
and then summin on religious language but we aint been taught that lol!
Reply 59
clickabeth
"Philosophy of religion for A level - OCR edition" -Nelson thornes
In the back it has a "SYNOPTIC" section telling you the 6 sections and the topics to include in each!
xx

i have "AS/A2 Philosophy of Religion and Religious Ethics for OCR". I have a section at the back too where it talks about the synoptic, but it doesn't have much info in it. I am sure i have sociology notes some where on religion, i'll just have to find it. Urgh... i don't know where i have put them, my room looks like crap, i have revision notes everywhere and i thought sociology was over and done with last week. Besides i have a tendency to put things away in places that at the time feel right, but then i can never find them again...

Latest

Trending

Trending