The Student Room Group

How do I learn accounting

Ive just started a distance learning course in accounting and I have access to a tutor and they have given me a textbook equivalent of all the information in the course. I just don't know where to start or how to learn, do I just read the textbook or do I write it out word for word? I can't write it in my own words cause I've never done accounting before and it just seems to be filled with big long words and big long sentences with a million commas and no end. I have 7 days to get my money back it's just really boring but is that cause I've just started it or will it always be boring. I do maths and further maths at school but there easy cause you just read the notes in the textbook and do all the question and there aren't many words. I'm doing a fast track alevel with oxford learning college if that helps. Maybe I should just get my money back I just don't know. Please help
Hi,
I have studied accounting with AAT. I would suggest doing the questions that are in your textbook and working through past papers. Accounting is all about application of rules - much like in maths. If you struggle with reading the textbook, go on youtube and watch videos on the topics. Theres loads of independent teachers who video their classes so you can literally watch it like you are in the classroom. Also, make use of the tutor! Call/email them and explain how you feel. They might have some advice.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending