The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good idea - was beginning to think I was the only one!

Subject: History
A Levels: History, English Literature, Maths, Music
Stage in Application Process: SAQ and essays sent - no interview date yet
Other Offers: Still waiting!
Reply 2
AlRP

I know what you mean! Me too! Glad to see no one else here has an interview date yet :tongue: was starting to get quite worried

Subject: Mathematics
A Levels: Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry, Psychology (doing the f.maths in a year)
Stage in Application Process: SAQ sent - no interview
Other Offers: Warwick
Reply 3
Subject: Economics
A Levels: Business & Econ. (no straight economics at my school), Maths, Psychology, Physics and AS in Further Maths
Stage in Application Process: interview on 6th dec
Other Offers: Durham

We seem to be very sparse on the ground this year. Oh well, it means less competition.
AlRP

Subject: History
A Levels: History, English Literature, Maths, Music
Stage in Application Process: SAQ and essays sent - no interview date yet
Other Offers: Still waiting!

That's weird - I know someone who does your exact Alevels and is also applying for History at Caius.
Reply 5
Well, I can now add an interview date of 8th December - best of luck everyone!!!!

Tom
Reply 6
Hi, I've just recieved an invitation for interview for law at Caius on 6th Dec. I'm wondering if there are any previous applicants to Caius who could give me some interview advice. Also, does any one know anything about Dr P.J Rogerson, Dr N Moreham, or Dr J.D Ford, such as their interests.
My e-mail is [email protected], any help would be much appreciated!
Reply 7
just wondering...did anyone else receive a fee assessment sheet along with their SAQ?
Reply 8
PhoenixSTL
just wondering...did anyone else receive a fee assessment sheet along with their SAQ?

yeah. some of the questions don't seem to be applicable though if you are a british citizen. Have you filled in the back page at all, as it doesn't seem to make sense? i.e. my reason for living here is that i was born here. weird!
shall i leave it blank?
Reply 9
petemc246
yeah. some of the questions don't seem to be applicable though if you are a british citizen. Have you filled in the back page at all, as it doesn't seem to make sense? i.e. my reason for living here is that i was born here. weird!
shall i leave it blank?

I left mine blank, nothing to put in there :-p
Reply 10
tomlegge
Well, I can now add an interview date of 8th December

Yep, got my interview today as well - 6th/7th December. Caius must be finally sending them all out.
how many interviews are people getting? I've got 3 :eek: , and all with History fellows - seems a bit excessive.

I wouldn't worry about the fee status form too much. My mum rang up because we couldn't work it out and the woman said "it's a pain in the bum"!
Reply 11
Whoo, got my interview today :-) 7th December, one at 12 and one at 4.
Hello:smile:
I am so glad that Tomlegge started this thread

Subject: Music with Choral scholarship
A Levels: Music, French, English lit, theatre studies, critical thinking
Stage in Application Process: Haven't sent off my work yet but have interview date for 13th December 10 and 11.50
Other Offers: Bristol and Durham
Reply 13
munstermash

I am so glad that Tomlegge started this thread

If you were really so glad you lot, you'd give me rep!!!!

Tom

still no offers :-(
What is rep?
Reply 15
Oooooooooooh! Prospective caians!!!!!!!

Erm..in answer to someone's post earlier...Dr John Ford is brilliant...really really nice bloke, and v friendly!

Dr Pippa Rogerson...always on the ball...very very sharp....very very nice as well. Be prepared to argue your point with her....but stay calm and don't get aggravated

Dr nicole Moreham....i'm afraid when i was interviewed last year, she was away...so i didn't have her in my interview...but from what i heard....she and dr rogerson did a good cop bad cop thingy....she's nice in real life tho

Hope this helps....good luck all of you!

G
Subject Physical NatSci (though may change to Maths w/ physics if I get an offer - which won't happen)
A Levels Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Stage in Application Process interview date - 9th December
Other Offers Durham, York, Warwick
Reply 17
subject Law
A levels maths f.maths biology, chemistry
Stage in application interview 6th December
Other offers manchester sheffield newcastle
Reply 18
do do do,

so, has most Caiuns had their interviews now? Hope everyone did well :-) Yeah...
Reply 19
had my interview and have written about it somewhere on here, I think under "My Caius Law Interview Experience"

enjoyed the whole process actually.

we'll have to wait and see i guess - any ideas when we know?

Tommo

Latest

Trending

Trending