The Student Room Group

Which one to choose - Camp America/CCUSA/BUNAC?

Ok, basically I want to spend summer 2009 working in a camp in America. I dont know which company to choose! Anyone got any advice?

Also, how much experience do you need to have in order to be accepted? I have no formal qualifications but I have taken part in a lot of different sports, spent ten weeks on a raleigh international programme in malaysia where i got to teach english and hang out with local kids for three of the weeks, i used to babysit for my little cousin, i went along and helped out at boys brigade for a couple of weeks as my friend was a leader. Are these the sort of things they are looking for?
Skippo
Ok, basically I want to spend summer 2009 working in a camp in America. I dont know which company to choose! Anyone got any advice?

Also, how much experience do you need to have in order to be accepted? I have no formal qualifications but I have taken part in a lot of different sports, spent ten weeks on a raleigh international programme in malaysia where i got to teach english and hang out with local kids for three of the weeks, i used to babysit for my little cousin, i went along and helped out at boys brigade for a couple of weeks as my friend was a leader. Are these the sort of things they are looking for?

For now, I'd have a look in the Camp America 2008 thread; as your question has been answered along with lots others that you probably want answers to as well.

Once all this year's troope get back from their respective camps they'll be a whole lot more folk around to give their (most upto date, retrospective) opinion of the company they went with.

We'll get a Camp America 2009 thread properly going in late September.
Reply 2
All the companies you have mentioned will provide you with the best summer ever so definately apply! See how the people on the 2008 thread get on and then start preparing...

Latest